Schroders, with headquarters in London, employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We also specialize in providing high-quality private assets solutions to our clients.
For our ILS Team in Zurich we are looking for a highly motivated Analyst/Actuary. This person will play a key role in supporting the analysis, monitoring and valuation of investments held in the Life ILS portfolios; you will report to the Head of Life ILS. Analyst/Actuary, Life - Insurance Linked Securities (ILS) Job specification
- Monitoring the ongoing performance of investments held by the existing Life ILS portfolios
- Regular valuation of instruments held by the existing Life ILS portfolios
- Support the investor reporting process for Life ILS portfolios
- Support the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of candidate life and health transactions
- Close working relationship with Head of Life ILS, Portfolio Manager(s) for Life ILS, and other members of the Life ILS team
- Close working relationship with ILS Analytics team regarding valuation aspects
- Frequent liaison with other internal and external stakeholders, including members of operations, compliance and risk teams as well as service providers
- University degree (MSc or PhD) with a major in mathematics, physics or related area, ideally with additional courses in computer science
- Up to 3-4 years' relevant experience in a life (re)insurance environment
- Ongoing or successfully completed study for a professionally acknowledged qualification (eg. Actuarial fellowship)
- Practical experience in programming using Matlab , Python, R or similar
- Experience in modelling life insurance products or portfolios
- An understanding of life insurance markets and products, as well as related concepts, such as mortality/lapse risk, embedded value and economic/regulatory capital
- Accurate, professional and reliable working style with ability to set priorities and show good judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English is a must
We offer a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich main station at Central. Please apply online with your complete application. Only direct applications will be considered.
Schroder Investment Management (Switzerland) AG
Pfingstweidstrasse 60, CH-8031 Zürich, Schweiz
Tel: +41 (0)44 250 11 11