Big Data Migration - (SpringBoot)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
Software Engineering responsibility for Big Data Migration for 2 products, pair programming might be needed with the SMEs from India
Debugging and fixing issues on the fly in UAT or Pre-Prod/Prod environments
To manage technical connectivity changes in background for Impala, Qlik, Tableau reports with minimal impact to end users
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Adapting the old code/tech stack and reusing for the new Haddoop technology
Re-engineering and getting deep into code to come up with best migration approach on each use case basis
Analysis of existing Reports and consolidation of Data Sources
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Overall 4- 5 years of experience in IT role in enterprise environment
- 2-3 year of experience of Front-end development using SpringBoot or React
- Good working experience with Big Data - Hadoop tech stack
- ETL tools & SQL or migration related knowhow is a big plus
- Proven working experience within agile environment
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master degree in Computer science
- A degree in information management, computer science or equivalent, in addition to shown professional experience in Software Development, usage of open shift, Python as a Full Stack Developer (FSD), ideally with flair towards Banking knowledge build up within lending services and in agile project delivery
- You possess strong programming, automation skills (Java 8, Python, Selenium ) & understanding of the JEE technologies (JEE 8, EJB, Rest Services) or web technologies (Angular 7/8/9)
- You are keen on adherence to Software Engineering coding standards, Guidelines, Service Oriented Architecture with deep understanding of Patterns (Design) and you show a strong dedication to test-driven development (JUnit, Continuous Integration and Test Automation)
- You are able to communicate efficiently (proficiency in English, German is a plus) and in ways appropriate to those being addressed in the interest of building up and maintaining a balanced professional network (with e.g. Requirement Engineers, Scrum Master and Product Owner, Project leads, Programmers, Offshore resources, Testers etc.)
- You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude in combination with a collaborative personality
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your applicatio
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse on +41 44 229 99 45.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page and connect to me on LinkedIn.