Are you a communications professional with up to 3 years of work experience, looking for a new challenge or wanting to move into internal communication? Would you enjoy becoming part of a highly professional small team that works across different communication disciplines? Do you like the financial industry?
You could be a member of the Vontobel Corporate Communications team with a focus on internal communication, working in close collaboration with PR and Media Relations, Social Media, the Confluence Team, and all internal departments. You would support Vontobel in keeping employees informed about what is going on in the company - as well as helping us enhance our global communication activities.
Your job at Vontobel will to a large extend be shaped by you - by your skills, your interests, your motivation, by what you are willing to take responsibility for. There are experienced senior communication experts to help and guide you, but we are a small team that thrives on everyone's contribution and willingness to challenge ourselves and take responsibility.
Your focus as an internal communication specialist would be:
- Writing for the intranet
As part of the team, you will write regular news articles for our intranet start page, which is organized like an internal newspaper (the technical platform is Confluence). The identification of potential stories, the interviews as well as the editorial process could be completely in your hands - with the whole corporate communications team always ready to support and contribute ideas. The intranet team is a team of three including yourself. We discuss the annual strategy and upcoming events and develop an annual and monthly communication plan, but of course we also constantly adapt to upcoming developments.
- Supporting the media relations and the social media team
You would also support the media relations team, who are part of the same Corporate Communications team, in publishing ad-hoc statements and press releases. Since we are building our presence in the US, and English is our official corporate language, being an English native speaker would be a benefit. You would need to be able to work in German and English.
We also provide input to the social media team.
- Supporting the Intranet Publishers
You would be the first-line support for the colleagues from all areas of the company who publish our intranet-content. You will help them deal with all technical, content and layout aspects relying on our branding guidelines.
- Supporting internal change projects
If you are interested, you would also get the opportunity to lead your own communication projects, supporting internal change projects, especially IT, HR projects (such as the Diversity&Inclusion Week), or the Vontobel Art curators for their communication needs under the guidance of experienced communicators and project managers.
- Production of internal materials
You will be responsible for the oversight of the production of internal materials for corporate internal campaigns - such as posters, online banners, short videos etc. - coordinating translation, design, production and distribution.
- A first degree in any relevant field combined with a good knowledge of online communication. We strongly believe in the value of bringing content expertise to the table, so your degree must not necessarily be in communications
- But we do expect very good writing skills in English (as a native), and German
- A strong sense of ownership and the enthusiasm to take responsibility and contribute your own ideas
- A keen interest in communication challenges as well as in Vontobel's business model, the challenges and details of our industry, and world affairs in general
- A hands-on mentality and you are a real team player happy to work as part of a small, supportive team with a high productivity and a high customer and service orientation
- Basic project management skills would be a benefit, since you will have to run small communication projects yourself
- Experience in planning and implementing audio-visual formats (small videos, podcasts) would be appreciated, as would prior experience with intranet or content management tools such as confluence
- Reading widely, taking a keen interest in world affairs, enabling you to put daily events into context and perspective
- Working self-sufficiently, interacting with your colleagues in an open and transparent manner, you are able to successfully manage multiple requests
- You have a good level of attention to detail
- Able to build and cultivate strong relationships across the firm, and potentially outside of it, becoming a trusted advisors to our internal clients
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Teamwork is important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .