Data Lab Lead 80-100%
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 23 Mär 19
The Data Lab Lead understands business needs, develops and deliver innovative solutions, which create business value. Data visualization is the capability that creates an initial traction and open the doors to the data & analytics world. Based on proof points, the Data Lab Lead has the responsibility to convert the initial work into much larger solutions that impact positively Zurich Insurance. You will work with the Head of Data Lab and Visualization, Data Lab Design Lead, Data Lab Build and Data Science Lead to develop the Data Lab strategy and vision.
As a Data Lab Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Collaborating closely with organizational unit leadership, data and analytics teams to understand business demand, identifying new innovative solutions and building/leading their implementation.
- Active, "hands-on" participation, working directly with stakeholders to design solutions.
- Managing the lab including communication, stakeholder involvement, metrics and reporting, conveying business value recognized through lab sessions and related outputs.
Facilitating the conversion of the data Lab solutions into much larger solutions.
Managing plan for maintaining the Data lab in Zurich Switzerland and other locations if required.
Acting as deputy of the Head of Data Lab and visualization for all activities related to financial and purchasing.
Defining key metrics / indicators to measure progress and success of the Data Lab.
Determining which emerging issues (internal and external) are relevant to the organization's current and future data needs and ensuring strategies, policies, programs and processes incorporate these trends and address key issues and risks.
- Building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders from organizational units and Group Functions.
- Understanding business needs and developing demand for the data lab.
- Planning and leading lab and design sessions with executives from organizational units and Group Functions
- Systematically measuring business value for the initial Data & Analytics Solutions to stop or facilitate the project conversion.
- Building and sustaining relationships with Peers, Data Lab Design Lead, Data Lab Build Lead, Data Science Lead, Project managers, Platform managers and Solution architects to design/build long lasting and impactful solutions.
- Being the delivery arm on selected strategic & innovative initiatives by bringing EDAA experts together.
- Implementing topic-oriented communities of practice providing a platform for bringing together experts across Zurich working on the same topics in Data Analytics space.
- Keeping abreast of company and industry trends in data and analytics, as well as visualization and analytics tools and technology.
- Understanding leading applications of data and analytics used in the insurance and financial services sector and in other companies.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Studio Lead for the Zurich Data Lab your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Data Analytics and 8 or more years of experience in Data and Analytics field.
- Direct experience with visualization tools and techniques and user experience driven design.
- Consulting experience (internal or external). Experience leading and facilitating collaborative solution design or strategy sessions.
- High level influencer - The position's core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with a broad range of internal clients, specifically executives and/or senior management. Expectation of the need to employ specialized techniques and substantial experience. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition.
- Business acumen, effective communications and innovative thinking, knowledge of insurance industry.
- IT industry trends & directions, system development life cycle, web trends & directions, data, big data, data visualization.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.