At Bank Vontobel we are building a modern data landscape with advanced data analysis and profiling capabilities. Therefore, we are looking for a data specialist to join this challenge as part of the Data Operations and Strategy team. The team is responsible for the establishment enterprise-wide data governance and enabling of high-quality data services. This includes the implementation of a central data catalogue, the support of the enterprise data platform and data integration processes (on prem and in the cloud), establishment of data monitoring functions and respective business processes. The team also actively supports and collaborates with the respective teams across the organization. You will be working with various business functions, data management and IT teams, data analysts, data protection office and information security office.
- Build up and maintain the central data catalogue to ensure that data can be easily accessed and properly used by all stakeholders in the company
- Support in developing a central data platform in a hybrid infrastructure (cloud and on-prem) and work with agile scrum teams.
- Collaborate with the data owners to ensure that data brought in and managed is clean, accurate, available, and complete.
- Collaborate with the business and data analysts to work through business requirements and develop processes necessary to provide visibility into the data.
- Define standard data processes according to business requirements and market regulations along the data lifecycle. Evaluate and implement workflow automation.
- Gain a deep end-to-end understanding for building, integrating, and running data management platforms in financial services
- Acquire profound knowledge of data governance and operations
Your background includes...
- Degree in IT or Finance or quantitative field with 3-5 year working experience
- Interest in working with databases and data models
- Interest in data management or data analytics
- Basic coding skills with Python and web services
- Open minded and with high attention to detail
- A curious person, with an analytical and structured mindset
- A team player, keen to deliver on time and in high quality
- Able to work under pressure
- Well organised and with a disciplined approach to work
- Excited to be part of a diverse working environment
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .