Schroders plc with headquarters in London employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating from 42 offices in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We are also specialized in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
Schroders Capital is the private markets investment division of Schroders Group. With $65bn AUM and 498 employees we cover a broad range of asset classes out of 19 offices globally. We provide investors with access to a broad range of private equity investment opportunities across buyout and growth investments, as well as for venture capital with a focus on what we consider the most attractive parts of the global private equity market.
To expand our Investment Management-Team in Zurich, we are looking for a highly motivated colleague that is complementing our team as: Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Act as Pioneer for data science innovation in private equity
- Support, inform and influence the investment management process
- Application of advanced analytics and machine learning
- Visualize data, find patterns, relationships in data and assess probabilities
- Close coordination with the other members of the data science, IT and Investment teams
- Ad hoc data science projects as an integrated part of the Investment Management team
- Contribute to team strategy and the growth of the team
- Engage across the full data science project lifecycle, including:
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Data wrangling
- Delivering Insights (reporting)
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field, or 2+ years of experience in a relevant role
- Passion for the job with high motivation and strong work ethic
- Expert knowledge of either R or python
- Proficiency in Bash scripting and a good knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience with Docker
- Strong interest in and knowledge of computer and data science as well as analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work independently within a cross-functional team with strong interpersonal abilities
- High levels of organisational skills to sustain momentum in multiple work streams
- Fluent in English, any other languages is a plus
- Experience in the financial industry, private equity or venture capital is not required, but would be a plus
We offer an appealing job, a diverse and supportive
working environment as well as modern employment conditions
in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial business. If you like making an impact
within a highly motivated team as well as working from home
, then apply online with your complete application. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich-Oerlikon station.
Only direct applications will be considered.
Schroders Capital Management (Switzerland) AG
8050 Zurich, Switzerland