ESG Research Manager - Financials The Location:
S&P Global Sustainable1 is S&P Global's single source of essential sustainability intelligence. Sustainable1 supports our clients with ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs as they are navigating and realizing the transition to a net zero, sustainable and equitable future.
More than ever, investors and companies seek evidence-based insights, high quality data and advanced analytics to support the decisions driving their strategies linking sustainability and business performance.
Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments with an unmatched level of clarity and confidence. The Team:
S&P Global's ESG Research & Analytics department is dedicated to developing innovative ESG analytical solutions and overseeing the renowned Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). The department is responsible for developing the methodology to analyze corporate sustainability performance systematically and accurately and for managing our proprietary database, comprising one of the world's most complete datasets on corporate sustainability. We are considered a leader in ESG analytics, providing essential intelligence to corporates and financial institutions. The Impact:
Developed over 22 years, our work contributes to the creation of the iconic Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and the S&P 500® ESG index, among many others. Our work is also used by investors to execute their respective responsible investment strategies such as in the creation of impact and thematic funds. The intelligence produced by our department is leveraged throughout S&P Global's ESG products across its divisions. What's in it for you:
As an ESG Research Manager, you would be dedicated to analysing corporate performance within the Financials sector and engaging with the market to explain the results of our analysis. The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the methodology of the CSA ensuring that it continues to capture ongoing sustainability trends and continuously evolving regulatory and reporting frameworks. As an ESG Research Manager, your role also includes the management of a team of junior analysts in the financial sector. You will have the opportunity to act as a thought leader in ESG, representing S&P Global ESG expertise internally within the organisation as well as through engagement with a variety of external parties. Responsibilities:
We are looking for an ESG Research Manager to join our growing, dynamic ESG Research & Analytics department. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual who is passionate about sustainability and is committed to driving sustainable business practices through direct engagement with corporates and through financial markets. As a team player, you will contribute to the unique culture and energy of the department as it continues to grow.
What We're Looking For: Your qualifications:
- Responsibility for analysing corporate performance in line with the CSA methodology within the Financials sector.
- Act as the knowledge leader within industry as well as specific underlying ESG topics.
- Development and maintenance of S&P's proprietary Corporate Sustainability Assessment Methodology (CSA).
- Monitoring and reviewing ongoing company controversies through Media & Stakeholder Analysis (MSA)
- Research on upcoming global sustainability trends and industry-specific challenges
- Engagement with companies participating in the Corporate Sustainability Assessment through feedback calls, webcasts and management meetings
- Project coordination with key internal and external stakeholders
- Management of a team of junior analysts.
Your soft skills:
- A completed Master's degree
- 7+ years of work experience in the field of ESG ratings or research, corporate sustainability or sustainability investing related to the Financials sector
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A sound understanding of global sustainability reporting frameworks and trends
- Strong analytical skills and an acute attention to detail
- Good understanding of financial markets and investment products
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to work with complex data
- English (fluency required), second language is a plus
About Company Statement: About S&P Global Sustainable1
- Strong interest in corporate sustainability
- Customer-focused and strong interpersonal skills
- Constructive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently yet towards team goals
- Reliable and able to go the extra mile when required
- Business-oriented with an attention to costs and efficiency
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1 .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
273573 Posted On: