Are you ready to apply your knowledge of business information technology to an agile international environment? Would you enjoy the opportunity to develop technical solutions for enterprise risk management & inventive enough to define use cases that utilise the data generated to drive insights into the risks impacting our business? Are you also interested in data science?
As an Enterprise GRC Business Analyst for our enterprise GRC platform you would be a member of the Risk Information Solutions (RIS) Team within the Group Risk Management central team. You will be relied upon to address the needs of the organisation, using a wide range of technical capabilities and solutions within our Enterprise GRC environment, ensuring that the right product is built, in the right way. As a core member of the RIS, working in an agile environment, you will have the opportunity to bring your solution knowledge & hands-on approach to the delivery of tactical & strategic change. There are also larger opportunities to drive strategic, multi-year initiatives in which you help plan, design and implement solutions to facilitate Zurich's enterprise risk management and control framework. As well as delivering change and enhanced business processes and reporting, you will also collaborate with experienced and technically accomplished risk management professionals to deliver value to over 8000 users across the Zurich Group. What you will do
• Collaborate with a wide and diverse group of Group Risk Management stakeholders centrally and at the local units
• Work with your team to ensure that your deliveries compliment the overall solution & the deliveries of your team members
• Delivery simple & more technical changes to the required design quality
• Search for opportunities as to how data science capabilities will support or benefit from your changes
• Prepare Solution Design documents, in order to understand customer's goals and business processes, culminating in practical recommendations and solutions for implementation
• Connect the dots and close the gaps between data applications and business goals
• Find data model solutions, perform data analysis on incoming data assets to inform potential solutions and assess data quality
• Define and apply data quality checks for processes supporting the Zurich Enterprise Risk Management Framework to support effective risk management and data governance
• Communicate with users across the globe to understand further needs, data gaps and application improvements
• Ensure changes are formalized into operational tasks for your GRC Business Support colleagues
• Participate in application testing, implementation, and training activities
• Bring continuous improvement to our agile working practices What you bring
• Experience of working with packaged solutions and the imbedding of them in an organization
• The ability of design distinct options to business challenges, highlighting the positives and negatives of them
• Experience in showing the impacts that changes have in the first investigations is critical
• An effective team working ethic and willingness to connect with colleagues in person & virtually
• 5yrs of related work experience post university
• Education in Business IT (Information Technology) / Data Science / Statistics (FH Level)
• Programming knowledge in Java, python (numpy, pandas, seaborn, matplotlib, etc.), SQL & relational databases
• Inherent curiosity in the design of packaged solutions & how they can be improved
• Data modelling knowledge & an understanding of its importance
• Knowledge of exploratory data analysis and data visualization tools
• Ability to present data in graphical, tabular and text form to a variety of end users, from non-technical to very technical
• Knowledge or experience in working in an agile environment
• Knowledge of Service management concepts and solutions (JIRA etc.)
• An analytical mind-set, with strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
• A desire to bring clear and workable solutions to business problems
• Good English communication skills (both verbal and written) Additional Information
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Explore our new Quai Zurich Campus Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Why Zurich
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that's what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet .
- Location(s): CH - Zürich
- Remote working: Hybrid
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Grace Cunningham