See job description for details
The Financial Crime Switzerland Controls Testing & Assurance Lead will join the Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") Group. This role will report into both IWM and SUB FCC via the Switzerland FCC Execution Head, and will be functionally supervised by the Global Head of Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance ("FC CTA"). The Lead will have the responsibility of further establishing the Switzerland FC CTA program (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and Sanctions Compliance), including conducting testing and thematic assurance reviews of key financial crime controls and working with highly motivated CTA associates/analysts during reviews, where applicable. Specifically, the role requires that the Lead:
- Serve as the key accountable representative and subject matter expert for financial crime controls testing, monitoring, and assurance on behalf of the Switzerland location across both IWM and SUB;
- Own the design of, implement, and execute the FC CTA program in Switzerland in conjunction with global CTA through testing and assurance activities in order to test the design and/or operating effectiveness of key financial crime controls incl. relevant tools and technologies;
- Support global CTA to develop further the global FC CTA program
- Develop regional/divisional schedule of CTA reviews in coordination with global CTA, FCC, CCO, and business teams, and with consideration of current Bank, regional, and/or divisional processes, programs, and risks;
- Ensure that the Switzerland CTA team is deeply familiarized and educated on the Bank's key financial crime risks and controls, the business areas, products and services, to enable the team to more effectively and appropriately test and identify any emerging risks;
- Liaise with control owners/performers and key stakeholders to discuss CTA reviews and findings and identify appropriate resolution/remediation;
- Lead Switzerland CTA team to develop and incorporate data-driven techniques in the performance of testing and assurance of financial crime controls and processes;
- Assess results of CTA reviews to identify trends and opportunities for program enhancement within CTA and also FCC;
- Report on findings and provide MI to key stakeholders e.g. Heads of FCC, CCOs, Business Management;
- Support the maintenance of global CTA standards based on divisional/regional/global changes to controls and identified risks and priorities;
- Exercise judgement and demonstrate financial crime and/or control testing subject matter expertise in bringing in advisory and jurisdiction specific knowledge to conversations with Chief Compliance Officers, control owners/performers, and business heads, as required;
- Assist FCC Management with oversight and coordination of CTA review in non-hub locations, as needed; and
- Accountable for internal and external audit commitments relating to Switzerland CTA program.
This role is varied and requires excellent communication, management, and analytical skills in order to meet the demand of being part of a global team and function, under increasing regulatory scrutiny.
- The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A university degree in an area related to Business Administration, Compliance, Law, or alike is required;
- You bring at least 5-6 years of meaningful experience in banking or financial institutions, optimally gathered in compliance, business risk management and /or audit
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as very good knowledge of German
- Working knowledge of AMLA, AMLO-FINMA legislation and regulations, and FATF international recommendations is an advantage
- Do you have high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are experienced in data analytics or interrogation tools (e.g. Tableau, Access, SQL)
- You have strong analytical skills as well as distinctive IT affinity to data processing and case management/client management tools analysis;
- You have a successful track record in coping with a great work load following a risk-based approach;
- You are an innovative, creative, self-reliant and inventive team member
- You have strong communication skills, ability to put information in to meaningful messages driving the actions/agenda forwards.
- Beside an open, dedicated and team oriented attitude you show perseverance and the ability to think for yourself
Ms. M. Wiendlocha would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.