Serafin is a diversified industrial group, whose philosophy is based on more than 150 years of entrepreneurial tradition of its shareholding family. This entrepreneurial history is reflected in the philosophy to invest into companies with the aim to foster their long-term development in accordance with all stakeholders. The Group generates total revenues of EUR 900 million with 5,000 employees.
Serafin aims to set up an independent asset manager under its own brand. The fintech with offices in Frankfurt and Zurich will be creating an ecosystem within global capital markets for private and institutional investors. The underlying technology is based on quantitative investment models with longterm live track records. Our mission is to make an impact on the asset management world with unconventional quantitative and digital investment models as the innovation leader.
For our Zurich office we are currently seeking an enthusiastic researcher as
Financial Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- You design and implement investment strategies and perform historical simulation using traditional financial data and alternative data sources
- You implement your models with Python and possibly other languages as appropriate
- You organize and structure the research data in a data base and make it available through queries and APIs
- As Financial Data Scientist you develop and implement a state-of-the-art risk management and risk attribution tool
- You deliver support in launching and implementing a systematic portfolio management platform
- You have a university degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. finance, mathematics, information technology or statistics
- You have at least two years of work experience in modelling quantitative solutions or delivering systematic investment processes and first experience in portfolio management
- You are experienced in dealing with large amounts of data and you are familiar with SQL data management and a programming language such as Python
- Furthermore, you convince by extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills along with great team spirit as well as service and quality orientation
- Challenging, varied task with the opportunity to grow with a new organization and shape the company’s success
- Flat hierarchies, mobile work, flexible working hours and direct work with decision makers
- A diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative start-up environment with a strong backing which results in plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Pragmatic, professional and results-oriented work in a highly motivated and qualified team
- Competitive total compensation package
Do you want to be one of us?
Please apply now and send us your application (including availability and salary expectations) via our applicant portal or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serafin Asset Management GmbH
c/o Serafin Unternehmensgruppe GmbH
+49 89 30 90 669 30