The candidate will be part of Equity Derivatives Front Office IT Support team based in Zurich. The team provides Application Support service in the areas of risk management and front office tools for trading and sales teams for a leading Investment bank. The applications supported are primarily from areas of pricing, risk management and quoting (Most of the supported applications are developed in-house)
Equity Derivatives IT Front Office Support Analyst
Up to 8years
The Job duties would involve:
- Provide application support to Equities, Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income desks and other stakeholders in the areas of risk management and analytics.
- Handle service requests via calls, email, chatrooms and ticketing systems
- Provide Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Release Management support for all supported applications
- Maintain application through releases, config changes, and generate MIS reports.
- Provide periodic weekend coverage and on Public holidays to support application releases, ad-hoc tasks such as Disaster Recovery testing and other BAU requests.
- Work with teams in multiple geographic locations and time zones; Attend calls and escalations; Prepare MIS reports; Drive process improvements and automation;
- Stakeholders: Front Office traders, Product Controllers, Market Risk & Scenarios teams, Platform owners, Analytics team, Middle-Office/Back-Office teams, Front Office Tools team, and other Stakeholders.
- Required strong experience in supporting Front Arena suite
- Required strong experience of working on UNIX and Windows systems, SQL, Fix protocol, Messaging queues, etc
- Required good experience of ITRS Geneos and Splunk along with ability to dig and understand applications logs, exceptions and errors generated by the system
- Hands on experience of ITIL tools like ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, GIT, SVN.
- Understanding of different exchanges, exchange connectivity and its working.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills
- Required decent knowledge of financial products in any asset class (Preferred asset class - Flow & Exotic Equity Derivatives, their valuation & risk profiles).
- Required experience of working for an Investment bank and on risk management systems and front office tools. Ability to deal with FO users like Traders and Sales teams.
- Certifications like ITIL / FRM / PRM / CFA preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills required
- Overall a 80:20 mix of IT and Finance skills