Description About this role
Fund Accounting / Fund Platform Manager
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a world-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at improving out-performance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to global capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Swiss Product Oversight and Governance team of BAMS (BlackRock Asset Management Switzerland AG) is responsible for the Swiss fund operational platform. We have outsourced major functions to internal departments within the BlackRock Group and to external providers.
Become part of a team of 4 employees and one manager who are jointly responsible for Swiss fund platform! We own all fund outsourcing relationships, primarily for the functions fund administration and financial / regulatory reporting, securities lending, portfolio compliance, transfer agency oversight, securities lending, investment stewardship, trade operations. This includes improving existing SLAs, reviewing provider performance and their critical metrics, driving improvement projects, signing off provider and fund invoices, management reporting.
We help various BlackRock departments to launch, run and change products. Swiss POG additionally supports boards, assists in meaningful regulatory and legal matters specific to the funds and supports the sales and marketing teams through technical knowledge of the funds.
We are looking for experience in the Swiss mutual fund industry, fund management, solid understanding in Swiss fund regulations (CISA, CISO, SFAMA publications), UCITS. Experience and / or a degree in (fund) accounting is a major plus, as are SQL / programming skills. You are able to successfully lead, communicate and execute projects in these areas.
- Instruct, lead the external fund services provider and internal providers, with a focus on fund accounting and ideally with experience in the fields of investment management, financial reporting, portfolio compliance, transfer agency, securities lending and/or fund operations
- Ability to communicate effectively as the operations representative at board meetings, sub-committees and industry groups; contribute to reports clearly articulating operational developments, issues and actions.
- Provide an authoritative source of business, industry and technical fund administration expertise on functional and process requirements
- Collaborate with peers and partners to identify, drive and complete change projects
- Build positive relationships with contributing business areas within BlackRock to actively engage and lead fund launch and product change. Especially maintain a strong working relationship with investment managers, product tax, product managers, legal and compliance, risk managers
- Lead all aspects of delegations, act as BlackRock contact point for delegates, perform reviews and onsite visits, for functions like: Product Tax, Transfer Agency, Portfolio Compliance, Sec Lending, Trade Operations
Knowledge / Experience:
- University degree in business administration, economics, finance, or in another field
- Preferably additional industry qualification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, CFA, FRM), or proven experience as well as knowledge of Swiss GAAP, Swiss fund regulations (CISA, CISO, SFAMA publications); IFRS and UCITS knowhow preferred
- Tech-savviness, experience in process automation, SQL / programming skills
Competencies / Skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently, highly dedicated with a real passion for performance, willing to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution with excellent attention to detail
- Connect with senior internal and external parties and to consult with them on sophisticated projects, providing sound advice.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle requirements from multiple partners
- Excellent communication capabilities in English and ideally German
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Are you interested? Please apply if you are curious about the opportunity, even if you do not meet all criteria. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.