Fund Manager Assitant / Convertible Bonds
Schroders, with headquarters in London, employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We also specialize in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
For our Convertible Bond Desk within Schroder Investment Management (Switzerland) AG in Zurich we are looking for a Fund Manager Assitant / Convertible Bonds Job specification
- The Fund Manager Assistant takes responsibility for helping implement investment ideas, allowing investment management teams the time and space to concentrate on making investment decisions.
- Successfully assists in the management and implementation of a portfolio's investment strategy
- Ensure that systems (such as Blackrock's Aladdin) utilised by the Convertible Desk (CB) are maintained and updated, providing local analysis and testing for all business applications
- Manage all technical data for Convertibles, define internal ratings for each issue including analysis of the underlyer, and present the results to the portfolio managers
- Reporting support on all performance attribution requests, convertible Greeks and etc.
- Maintain and develop portfolio management tools; usage of CB valuation tools
- Assist trade implementation and oversee/control execution of trades
- Maintain relationship with other Schroders Teams (Fixed income, Multi Asset, ESG, Compliance, Risk)
- Work on specific projects for business and product development, IT-improvements and other efforts
- Attending ESG training / knowledge events organised by Sustainable Investment team
- Disseminating ESG knowledge at the desk level
- Being the point person for ESG on the desk
- University degree or equivalent, willingness to study for CFA
- 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience within an asset manager, preferably with knowledge in the Convertible Bonds area or similar asset class
- Understanding of macro and micro economics as well as good analytical and communication skills
- Interest in ESG related matters
- Fluency in English, German is a big advantage
- Very good command of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Solution-oriented work attitude and ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
We offer a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The office is located at Central, only 5 minutes from Zurich main station.
Schroder Investment Management (Switzerland) AG
Pfingstweidstrasse 60, CH-8031 Zürich, Schweiz
Tel: +41 (0)44 250 11 11