The Vontobel Graduate Trainee Program (GTP) ...lets you follow your passion ...supports you along the way ...and gets you ready for a successful start at Vontobel
Since 2011 we offer exciting Graduate Trainee positions and over 90% of our Graduates stay with Vontobel after completion of their program. As a highly specialized organization, we value the collaboration of highly skilled experts and innovative talent. We are looking for a highly motivated GTP Controller to join our Graduate Trainee Program within our Controlling division which is part of Finance and Risk Center of Excellence.
The division plays a crucial role in the strategic and financial development of Vontobel by providing value added analyses and insights. In each module you will be working in a small, specialized team of 2 - 3 colleagues.
You will be in regular contact with representatives in the respective business areas. This includes contact with Vontobel locations worldwide, with specialists and representatives of different seniority levels of management of the business area. As a Trainee Controller , you will ...
- Rotate within the Controlling modules "Asset Management / Investments", "Legal Entity Control", "Performance Management", "Centers of Excellence", "Wealth Management and Transaction Banking", and "Data Management"
- Be changing teams after ca. 4 months or even less, to see as much as possible of what controlling is like in a financial services organization
- Being involved in the relevant processes such as budgeting, planning and closing processes
- Become acquainted with important controlling tools and apply them in practice, including the proper management of controlling data
- Support the development of the business by providing the management with relevant information and insight
- In addition, during this program you will have the chance to contribute to different business projects depending on your interests
- By completing this program, you will obtain a holistic overview of controlling and a deep insight into the different business areas of Vontobel
Start your career ...
- October 1st 2023 and conclude the program September 30th 2025
- The Controlling teams are locally embedded in the business areas which have their offices in the center of the City of Zurich
Hiring manager ...
- Your future manager Derek Beckman is the Head of Controlling and Performance Management and joined Vontobel around 2 years ago, after 20 years with UBS. He has always been on the control side of the business holding various roles in Operations, Product Control, Legal Entity Accounting, Business Unit Control, Business Management, Operational Tax, and global leadership roles in the areas of Regional Operating Officer, Global Business Risk Management, Divisional Information Security Officer (Asset Management), and Head of Marketing. Derek has lived in the USA, UK, and Switzerland throughout his career.
Find him on linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/ derekbeckman
Apply by ...
Your Qualification Your background includes...
- A Master's degree (university or university of applied sciences)
- Study background in Accounting/Controlling or Accounting & Finance
- Programming skills in Python, SQL or R Stats are a plus
- At least one work experience in the financial industry or within Controlling
- Passionate about the financial industry
- A person with a good feel for numbers and a lot of interest in the financial industry
- A person with a strong service delivery attitude
- A curious person, with an analytical and structured mindset
- A pro-active team player and able to work under pressure
- Mastering German and English, both business proficiency, other languages are a plus
- Authorized to work in Switzerland, we welcome candidates with an international background
We only consider complete applications (with CV, motivational letter, high school/matura certificate (with grades), as well as Bachelor/Master certificates (with grades).
We welcome candidates with an international background but to be eligible to apply you must hold an EU or CH Passport.
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .