Graduate Digital Engineer
Graduate Digital Engineer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland Digital Engineering
Are you a graduate interested in creating industry leading digital enterprise applications that will help our clients grow their business? Do you want to have an impact? Have you recently graduated from a university or will you do so in the next months? Then the Cognizant Graduate Program is what you are looking for. Starting with 2 weeks of virtual training with graduates from all over Europe, you will get a Buddy and a Mentor assigned on your 18 months Graduate Journey. On- and Offsite trainings in technical and soft skills across Europe will help you to constantly develop yourself and your knowledge. With a mindset focused on growth, the possibilities are endless within Cognizant. The Graduate Program has 3 starting dates in general. (January, May & September/October)
Our Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping our clients leverage next generation software in order to engage customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready applications at record speed. Cloud technology gives Biz-IT teams unfettered access to technology to modernized and build core IT applications faster. We leverage cloud technologies, seamlessly marrying it with human insights & behaviors to develop solutions that not only uncover consumers wants and desires today, but also predict their behavior and requirements in the future. Position Overview
As a Graduate in Digital Engineering, you will be responsible for using modern software development techniques and to develop and refine apps which meet customers' needs. Typical day to day responsibilities will include the below: Key Responsibilities:
Training, Support and Coaching:
- Full Stack Development in agile Teams
- Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as DDD, TDD, CI/CD
- Design and implement event driven cloud native microservices architecture using cloud runtime platforms like Cloud Foundry and native cloud solutions in AWS and Azure.
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
- Engage in a continuous everything culture: community think & act; learn; suggest and adopt change.
Skills and competencies:
- Prior to starting your client engagement you will attend a full Induction and Training Program for graduates where you will learn everything about Modern Software Development .
- Throughout your first 18 months we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we'll assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
- As soon as we can, we will assign you to a client engagement to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions as we would like to ensure that you get practical working experience from the beginning.
- You will become part of the Digital Engineering 'Full Stack Engineer Java / .NET' community and enjoy working together with other Engineers in order to learn, share knowledge and sharpen your skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business & IT or other related specialisms
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (German and English)
- Candidates must have the ability to work in Switzerland and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
- A comprehensive training program
- A challenging international environment
- Opportunity to work for large multinationals and other leading companies