Head Editorial / Editorial Director
The Editorial Director sits within our Marketing & Analytics organization in Zurich and reports directly to our CMO. Expert in both investment editorial and digital media, the Editorial Director is responsible for the production and distribution of content across social media, email, the website and print at the level of the Vontobel brand. The Editorial Director will run our cross-functional editorial Scrum team, and must partner closely not only with the CMO, but with our Creative Director/Head of Digital and with the Heads of Marketing for each client unit. This position will implement and oversee a shared organization-wide editorial calendar, and will be responsible for digital production including video, graphics and animation as well.
Your opportunity Editorial process management
• Own the quarterly, monthly and weekly content calendars
• Run the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly content planning, production and distribution process - the Editorial Scrum
• Ensure input from CUs in central editorial content and vice versa
• Continuously improve upon Vontobel's position as an investing thought leader
• Own the success of the central editorial "franchises" and empower the team to continuously iterate
• Report to the Editorial Council regularly on content performance and strategic changes to the program Content creation & distribution
• Establish quarterly firmwide and CU-level editorial priorities in collaboration with all internal stakeholders
• Together with the Creative Director, provide overall leadership for our writers, Audiovisual and Design teams in a continuous process to develop the most compelling creative for each of our Editorial Franchises
• Create Investing content to educate and inform audiences from our unique perspective; ensure that the theme of Investing is woven throughout our entire Editorial Program
• Together with the Head of Digital, coordinate our Social, Email and Web teams and ensure that they create the best expressions of our creative concepts for delivery to end audiences
• Ensure that long-form content meets the highest editorial standards and is distributed in printed form to the highest impact audiences both internally and
• Ensure effective collaboration with Investment teams and their timely contribution of content for Asset Management and/or Investment-related content
• Twice yearly support two firmwide priority marketing campaigns and develop the editorial strategy for each Analytics & insights
• Working with the Head of Digital, create editorial dashboards for our overall editorial program as well as each content Franchise to measure and report on the efficacy of our work
• Own the results of our content strategy, its component Franchises, and their component episodes, posts and pieces. Understand why each piece of content works or does not work with specific audiences and evangelize those results within the Editorial, Creative and Digital teams as well as with other stakeholders throughout the organization
You bring / You are
- Someone who is first and foremost passionate about our mission of empowering investors to build better futures
- A seasoned content creator from the investment and/or financial world, you understand the context of our business and what it takes to create compelling insights across media
- A digital native who lives and breathes online editorial, social media and short-form video
- An experienced leader with 5-10 yrs. experience managing editorial teams and content creators, ideally in a Scrum, Kanban or other related agile method
- An operator who knows how to think strategically; you get things done but are also deliberate about the reasoning behind your actions
- A leader with a track record building consensus and developing buy-in across a wide array of business units and product lines
- A writer who can eloquently articulate insights in either a 5,000 word story or a 200 character tweet
- An editor with experience in financial content, and potentially in different industries as well
- Familiarity with Scrum and related agile project management methods are a plus
- You are in Zurich, or are willing to move to Zurich, Switzerland
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .