Leading and development of the valuation team, reporting directly to the Head Real Estate Switzerland
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Real Estate team in Zurich comprises the areas of Valuation, Transaction/M&A and Transformation/Strategy. In Valuation, we value real estate/portfolios throughout Switzerland with a valuation volume of approximately CHF 6 billion per year. The majority of our clients are institutional investors with investment properties of various types (residential, office, commercial, retail, logistics, hotel, nursing, hospital, etc.). The market value of properties is usually derived using a DCF model via a web-based valuation tool. On the income and cost side, we have a large number of benchmarks and market data at our disposal. The analysis and evaluation of this market data in combination with the analysis of the real estate data we collect is becoming increasingly important. Accordingly, we have been expanding our competencies in the area of data analytics for some time.
- We are a dynamic, innovative and collegial team that, as a unit of one of the largest global consulting firms, has the privilege to work on an endless number of exciting projects with the brightest minds of the world's most influential companies
- Diverse team which deeply believes in teaming, trust and respect
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and development of the valuation team, reporting directly to the Head Real Estate Switzerland
- Maintaining and developing current valuation-projects, in addition generating new business – go to market activities
- Applying technical and business knowledge to ensure that high-quality results are obtained for all of our clients
- Participate in real estate advisory engagements including financial analyses, cash flow modelling, property/ portfolio modelling, analytical model reviews, , market due diligence, asset valuations, real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews
- Engagements include a variety of property types including multi-family residential, office, retail, hotel, warehouse, industrial, mixed-use, infrastructure, and special-use properties
- Specific responsibilities include market information research and market studies, real estate documents analysis (including site/building plans, leases, appraisals, and mortgage underwriting/lending documents), and report writing
- Participate in sales/marketing pursuit opportunities
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor or master degree in engineering (ETH/EPFL), architecture or with a legal background, postgraduate study in economics or MBA
- Profound knowledge of the Swiss Real Estate market and good networking with the large Swiss real estate owners, as example institutional investors, banks and insurance companies as well as pension funds
- Experience in creating complex financial models (cash flow/property/portfolio modelling) such as discounted cash flows (DCF), net present value (NPV), real estate cap rates, and experience with real estate legislation and fiscal issues
- Experience in commercial real estate loan underwriting, acquisition due diligence, real estate valuation, asset management, finance, or market research
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills. Experience with real estate databases, financial modelling preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German are essential as well as good knowledge in French and English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Capability to work across different areas such as our M&A and Transaction Support for example
- You should be an innovative, dynamic and outgoing person. Memberships to professional associations like RICS etc. would be a big advantage
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.