Our client is an active entrepreneurial fund headquartered in Paris with a great track record spanning more than two decades of investments and build-up of high-potential growing European SMEs.
Their active investor approach has demonstrated consistent strategic value creation in numerous corporate transformation projects (internationalisation, industrial investments, build-up, reorganizations) which have led in turn to strong performance across all previous vehicles. Anticipating the new fund launch, they want to increase significantly their coverage of the DACH region from Zurich, and we are looking for someone to lead on this.
This position is as a front-line deal leader, working end to end across the deal life cycle, able to define key sectors to target in the region, proprietarily source and originate deals and actively manage investments.
You will benefit from the support of an Investment Director who will relocate to Zurich, and will hire an additional one within your first year in the role. Additional support will be provided from the headquarters on origination, execution and portfolio topics. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Market facing role as originator and deal-sourcer, ideally in direct bi-lateral situations
- Front line responsibility to lead analysis, diligence, negotiations and execution of investments
- Hands-on portfolio management through to realisation, including a very active buy and build programme
- Build, lead, coach and manage a small team of investment professionals
- Confident, self-starter with strong network and origination experience
- Proven technical skills and investment track record from an established private equity firm
- Hands-on style, strong in interpersonal relationships and a down to earth approach that is effective with small cap owners and managers, including the ability and willingness to get closely involved in making operational improvements
- Ambitious, driven, confident, hungry, team player, entrepreneurial
- Native German / fluent English, French would be an asset also