Are you an output oriented high performer and insurance professional who wants to work on regional level with high responsibility and exposure?
We are looking for an experienced senior leader within the EMEA Risk Management team who will assume responsibility as EMEA Head of Operational Risk, Internal Control and Reporting. In this newly created role based in Zurich, you are reporting directly to Head of Risk Management EMEA.
As part of this position, you will work with EMEA management, all EMEA countries and Bancassurance teams as the accountable EMEA Head of Operational Risk, Internal Control and Reporting with 2nd line of defense responsibility for risk assessments, advisory and control of all material risks for the EMEA region, including the implementation of Group Risk Management frameworks.
As main activities, you will support Head of Risk Management EMEA and EMEA management in its task of identifying risks at an early stage, recognizing them, initiating management measures and consciously taking risks. You will enable the management to be properly informed about the risk profile with sound risk reports and therefore be a key contributor to informed decision-making.
As part of your tasks, you are also responsible for Internal Control (ICIF) and reporting topics, increasing awareness and transparency around risk & controls. For that, you will be in contact with all EMEA countries, ERM teams, stakeholders in the EMEA region ensuring that you are updated about regulatory and legal requirements related to operational risk management and internal control. What you will do
Your main responsibilities will be:
What you bring
- To work with EMEA management, all EMEA and Bancassurance countries to deliver timely an effective operational risk framework and Internal Control.
- Providing the consistent and reliable information management needs for a 360° view of operational risks and risk-related decision-making. It also includes overseeing EMEA branches.
- Conducting risk assessments (Total Risk Profiling for EMEA, Deep dives, etc.) on Operational risks and analyses to identify risks and problems early in order to ensure that measures are defined and monitored. It includes reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of the organization's operational risk management practices.
- Overseeing 1st Line of defense assurance activities, validating findings and observations with relevant stakeholders, and reviewing results
- Reviewing and challenging the risk appetite and tolerance for areas of responsibility, including implementing risk mitigation strategies, and contingency plans to manage operational risks
- Developing and implementing operational risk management strategies and frameworks that are aligned with the organization's objectives and risk appetite
- Identifying, assessing, and mitigating operational risks associated with the organization's processes, systems, and activities. It includes collaborating with other departments to ensure that operational risk is integrated into the organization's decision-making processes.
- Ensuring that the organization has effective operational risk governance structures and processes in place to support the implementation of operational risk management strategies and frameworks
- Promoting sound Internal Controls (ICIF), including facilitating the implementation across the EMEA region and ensuring adequate reporting to management
- Enhance risk reportings for Head of Risk Management EMEA and management
- Supporting and monitoring of the implementation of the Group Risk Management Framework (e.g. Zurich Risk Policy, Strategic and Operational Risk Management, Internal Control System, Business Resilience)
- Mentoring and developing other professionals within Risk Management, providing input to or leading global training and people development initiatives
As EMEA Head of Operational Risk, Internal Control and Reporting (m/f), you ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 10-12 years of professional experience in the insurance industry
- Master's degree (in law, economics, business administration, mathematics) or equivalent
- Strong experience on IT, Cyber, Data protection, including related assurance (1-2-3 Lines of Defense, Compliance, Audit, Risk, or other internal control and governance function) and in core insurance activities (Claims, Underwriting, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of Insurance IT landscape (incl. related innovations and trends)
- Deep understanding of operational risk management principles, methodologies, and best practices. This includes knowledge of regulatory requirements, risk assessment and mitigation techniques, and risk reporting frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders and has progressed with positions of increasing responsibility
- Highly disciplined and strong focus on execution and delivery, showing strategic ability combined with sound operational skills, and an ability to support change, displaying both persistence and resilience
- Able to manage ambiguity, different requirement, and challenging deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a great team, with a positive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- High service orientation and the ability to think in a networked way
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values
- Demonstrated ability in budgeting and project/program management
- Ideally data analytics and data visualization skills
- Fluent oral and written English
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Explore our new Quai Zurich Campus Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Why Zurich
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that's what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet .
- Location(s): CH - Zürich
- Remote working: Hybrid
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Grace Cunningham