is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual's risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan
As one of the biggest actors in the Insurtech industry and after our successful series C fundraising, wefox Team is growing at a very fast pace. With strong growth come new challenges: as a IFRS 17 Accounting Expert (f/m/d)
you will take the step with us into the new world of IFRS 17. In this role you will:
- Support Testing / Dry Runs (with IFRS 17 Accounting subledger) including
- Prepare Actual Cash Flows for IFRS 17 Accounting System
- Analyse if output is aligned with IFRS 17 standard
- Support the transition from Local GAAP / IFRS 4 to IFRS 17
- Establish an IFRS 17 Accounting Manual
- Audit-proof description and documentation of accounting policies and choices
- Creation of IFRS 17 booking logic
- Documentation of our methodological interpretation of IFRS 17
- Handle Processes by
- Establishing IFRS 17 closing process
- Taking over the End-2-End execution process
- Perform Consolidation by
- Supporting with the definition and establishment of a Group Chart of Account considering IFRS 17
What you bring:
- Execute Disclosures
- Reconcile existing disclosures and drafting of new disclosures (if necessary)
- Creation of the written explanation of the disclosures
- Creation of controls / x-checks for quality assurance of the notes
- Creation of a rounding methodology
What we offer:
- Several years of relevant professional working experience as well as insurance knowledge
- Expert understanding of the IFRS 17 Accounting standard
- An affinity for IT and proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Interest in databases and the willingness to develop your skills in this area
- A distinctive analytical-conceptual understanding and solution-oriented thinking combined with an independent, structured, proactive and reliable way of working
- Fluent in English. German is a plus
- Hands-on set of skills who can get things done effectively
- Team player quality and fast learning skills
Now, we've gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform for personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life's ups and downs - whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit, and snacks because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner. Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.