Investing Editorial Lead
The Investing Editorial Lead (IEL) sits within our Marketing & Analytics organization in Zurich and reports to our Editorial Director. The IEL is the primary point of responsibility for the creation and curation of Investing content created within our central marketing organization. This includes written and audiovisual editorial content that covers a broad array of topics interesting to a mass affluent audience including portfolio management and construction, retirement, working with investment advisors, fund selection, life-cycle events and purchases and more. In this capacity the IEL is responsible for our weekly #Invest Like You Mean It editorial franchise, as well as close collaboration with other Editorial Leads, Heads of Marketing, our Design and Audiovisual teams and our Digital team to infuse all our marketing efforts with Investing-related insights. The Investing Editorial Lead is responsible for Investing content - that which educates and informs a broad audience about Investing - but not for Investment content - that which is written by our portfolio managers and their teams.
- Investing development and writing • Develop topic ideas for short- and long-form written content
• "Own" the Investing vertical within our editorial organization and ensure that our content positions us as a leading global investment house
• Write our Investing editorial content in close collaboration with the Editorial Director and CMO
• Communicate frequently with the CU Heads of Marketing as well as our Investment Communications and Asset Management teams to identify priority topics and content ideas
- Leadership of audiovisual investing editorial • Develop ideas for audiovisual Investing content including interviews, discussions and explainers
• Create scripts and storyboards as applicable for audiovisual content
• Collaborate closely with the Creative Director and Audiovisual, Design and Social teams to turn ideas and written editorial into compelling audio and video stories
- Editorial process management
• Own the editorial calendar for our #Invest Like You Mean It Franchise and ensure the health of our pipeline and production schedule
• As a content owner, see all ideas from development and writing through to production and publishing
Develop and manage editorial partnerships with external partners focusing on investing topics which we cannot best cover internally.
You bring / You are
- You are an excellent storyteller with 5-10 yrs. experience writing editorial content in the investment and/or financial services industry
- You have a deep but also diverse portfolio of killer content related to investing and/or the financial service industry
- You are passionate about helping people improve their lives and build better futures through investing
- You are a "wonk," a proud nerd who voraciously reads all you can about investment and investments and who is energized by their discussion
- You are an avid follower of markets and financial news
- You are a versatile creative who is just as comfortable crafting a 2-paragraph Instagram caption or the script for an animated explainer video as you are writing a 20-page whitepaper
- Your prose is best-in-class; creative and engaging but also succinct and to-the-point as needed
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .