Investment Manager Biotech
Schroders plc with headquarters in London employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating from 42 offices in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We are also specialized in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
Schroders Capital is the private markets investment division of Schroders Group. With $65bn AUM and 498 employees, we cover a broad range of asset classes out of 19 offices globally. We provide investors with access to a broad range of private equity investment opportunities across buyout and growth investments, as well as for venture capital with a focus on what we consider the most attractive parts of the global private equity market.
We are looking for a new member of the Schroders Capital Investment Management team to help focusing on life science venture capital and globally oriented investment opportunities. Investment Manager Biotech Key responsibilities
- You will be centrally involved in conducting industry research, screening, portfolio analysis, and monitoring of investments
- Conducting due diligence and preparing investment recommendations focusing on life science sector across direct investments, primary fund investments, and secondary investments for venture and growth segments.
- Evaluating new investment opportunities
- Responsible for overall portfolio management, including monitoring, allocations and reporting
- Implementation of ESG standards and considerations for all investment opportunities
- External representation of firm towards companies, GPs, clients and prospects, as well as events and conference attendance
- Solid academic education in Life Sciences (MD/PharmD/PhD) combined with relevant investment management experience
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in venture capital, start-ups, R&D, investment banking, or consulting background in life science
- Strong understanding of science concepts and start-up companies with intellectual curiosity to follow industry trends
- Extension of the existing network with investors, companies and intermediaries within the venture ecosystem
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build relationships at all levels; a confident and effective communicator
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus
We offer a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial business. If you like making an impact within a highly motivated team and flexible working hours, then apply online with your complete application. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich-Oerlikon station. Only direct applications will be considered.
Schroders Capital Management (Switzerland) AG
Pfingstweidstrasse 60, CH-8031 Zürich, Schweiz
Tel: +41 (0)44 250 11 11