Seeking an Investment Professional to be part of an exciting new asset management platform with aggressive growth ambitions within the niche opportunity set of small-cap private equity investing in Europe
Opera Investment Partners AG (“Opera”) is a specialist asset manager focused on the funds and deal co-investments of European emerging managers investing in inefficient, small-cap markets. Opera was founded in 2020 following the spin-out of three partners from another market-leading fund of fund. The firm has developed an innovative, direct-style model and is currently investing its first institutional fund with capital raised from US and European foundations, pensions and family offices.
Opera is looking for a full-time Investment Professional (100%) to assist with the following:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of new fund and deal co-investment opportunities, including due diligence work such as track record data analysis, market research, single deal assessments, preparation of investment memoranda, etc.
- Portfolio management of existing fund and deal co-investments, including collation of reported data within pre-defined templates, financial trend analysis, creation of semi-annual portfolio review reports, etc.
- Maintenance of the portfolio management system (PMS) platform, including data aggregation and organisation, project management support of integration work, etc.
- General processing of new investment opportunities
- General support in fund operational and accounting matters
- Bachelors or Masters in a business- or finance-related field
- 1-2 years’ experience within corporate finance / M&A / private equity / capital markets preferred but not required
- Analytical with proficiency in corporate finance and accounting topics, financial modelling skills / experience would be a plus
- Strong character: hard-working, self-driven and pro-active with commercial mindset
- Highly structured and detail-oriented
- Constructive and collaborative, strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, other European languages a plus
What we offer
- You would join an exciting new asset management platform with aggressive growth ambitions within the niche opportunity set of small-cap private equity investing in Europe
- Entrepreneurial environment alongside an experienced core team
- Intellectually stimulating work environment with broad exposure to private equity
- We have a hard-working and meritocratic culture with a focus on low ego professionalism, strong performance, client service, and personal development
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2022. We look forward to receiving your application.