At Vontobel, we want to actively shape our future with motivated, high-performing employees who are ready to embrace change. We create and pursue investment opportunities that drive our clients forward in a targeted manner. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and customized investment solutions.
We are looking for an initiative, independent and convincing individual with relevant experience and an affinity for digitalization and technology trends, who is willing to take on responsible and challenging tasks in a transforming legal environment.
Do you want to be part of a professional legal team that tackles and solves the legal challenges regarding Technology & Service, Marketing & Analytics and Data Privacy throughout the Vontobel Group with a strong international focus?
If so, we are happy to hear from you.
What you will be responsible for:
This is you:
- Being a proactive team member of the Legal & Compliance Regulatory Framework | Technology & Data Privacy Team
- Monitoring and providing legal advice on, analysis and assessment of compliance with national | international Technology, IP, Outsourcing, (software) Licensing transactions, AI, Cyber, Data (privacy) and Marketing laws and regulations impacting Vontobel, incl. identification of gaps and development of possible safeguards to remediate risks
- Deploy Legal and Compliance support of the BaU as well as multidisciplinary, intern-/national projects, especially in the field of data, IT, Outsourcing, Digitalization/ Marketing (incl. Social Media), AI and cloud solutions as well as drafting, advising and negotiating related inter-/national contract terms
- Engage with the organization to assist in training employees on data, privacy, marketing as well as other technology and digitalization related requirements, and raise employee awareness in the mentioned legal and compliance fields
- Promote and foster a data and privacy/protection culture within the organization and acting as the focal point for the before mentioned legal and compliance activities within Vontobel
- Master Law degree required; specialization in technology and privacy is a plus. Any additional qualifications (e.g. LLM, Bar, IAPP CIPP) are welcome
- At least 3 - 5 years of professional experience as in-house counsel or in a law firm with a focus on (international | national) technology law, AI, digitalization, outsourcing, data, contract negotiation and business law
- Good knowledge of the finance industry and related operational processes is a plus
- Strong understanding of digital, data, cyber, outsourcing and other IT-related legal and compliance topics and related technical processes and controls
- A track record of providing proactive, expert, timely and authoritative legal and compliance inter-/national advice and liaising with and managing different stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate transversal with various types of stakeholders (business, lawyers, third parties such as clients and vendors) and work proactive with clear client orientation, and a high degree of quality, integrity and responsibility awareness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building with an open, pragmatic and humbled team player mindset; ability to positively motivate and influence other professionals and act inclusive
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working
- Readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment and willingness to contribute in a team culture
- Excellent German and English communication and presentation skills with varied stakeholders
What we offer:
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking, methods and mutual trust
- Your constructive contributions are welcomed and encouraged
- We offer a modern environment that is technologically up to date and all the tools you need to get started
- We invest in training and certifications for our employees and offer the opportunity to travel to conferences
- Our offices are in the center of Zurich and are easily reachable by public transportation
- No matter if you want to work full time or part time, prefer to work in an open space office or from home, we will find a solution that fits your situation
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .