At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
The Legal & Compliance team of Corporate and Public Affairs in Zurich offers development opportunities in a successful and diverse environment. We observe high standards of individual behavior and business conduct and as the second level of control, we work closely with the business to support good compliance practices within the firm.
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel Corporate Law / M&A, who is interested in working in an international and fast changing environment.
You will be part of an international legal and compliance department at a Zurich headquartered investment house that has grown rapidly and is continuing to expand internationally.
In this role, you will work closely with experienced lawyers and compliance officers, who will seek to further develop your expertise and specialist knowledge.
- Challenging and interesting role as Legal Counsel responsible for Corporate Law, M&A and Regulatory Affairs within the Legal & Compliance Corporate and Public Affairs Department.
- You are part of an open-minded team that acts in a versatile, dynamic, and flexible working environment. It offers the opportunity for you to support globally corporate transaction projects (acquisitions, mergers, partnerships), manage and advise on a variety of corporate legal matters, commercial, regulatory and contractual negotiation, corporate governance and dispute resolutions.
- You will closely cooperate and work multi-functionally with internal and external specialists from all over the world, including leading local and international law firms, and with close interactions with senior management and strategy team.
- Furthermore, you have the chance to apply and further develop project management and other skills.
- Minimum 5+ years of post qualified legal experience in private practice at a law firm (or as in-house legal counsel in a reputable international company environment) in the areas of Corporate Law, M&A and Regulatory Affairs;
- Your experience and interest in the banking and financial industry
- Strong project planning, communication and coordination skills as you will support projects with a high management attention and different stakeholders within the overall organisation
- Recognized for your team spirit, positive thinking and solutions-oriented mindset;
- Able to quickly grasp legal and business issues and provide tailored legal advice and counsel in plain language;
- Excellent communication both in German and English (written and oral) and interpersonal skills along with effective research & analytical skills;
- Your high flexibility and motivation, and the ability to work well under stress complete your profile.
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork and transparency are important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .