At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Real Estate team in Zurich comprises the areas of Valuation, Transactions and Transformation/Strategy. The majority of our clients are institutional investors with investment properties of various types (residential, office, commercial, retail, logistics, hotel, nursing, hospital, etc.). The market value of properties is usually derived using a DCF model via a web-based valuation tool. On the income and cost side, we have a large number of benchmarks and market data at our disposal. The analysis and evaluation of this market data in combination with the analysis of the real estate data we collect is becoming increasingly important. Accordingly, we have been expanding our competencies in the area of data analytics for some time.
We are a dynamic, innovative and collegial team that, as a unit of one of the largest global consulting firms, has the privilege to work on an endless number of exciting projects with the brightest minds of the world's most influential companies.
Embark on your next journey and join our Real Estate team to help solve exciting problems on a daily basis!
Your key responsibilities
• Operational Lead of the valuation team, reporting to the Head Transactions & Valuation;
• Maintaining and developing current valuation projects, in addition generating new business and actively engage in go to market activities;
• Applying technical and business knowledge to ensure that high-quality results are obtained for all of our clients;
• Participate in real estate advisory engagements including financial analyses, cash flow modelling, property/ portfolio modelling, analytical model reviews, market due diligence, asset valuations, real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews;
• Engagements include a variety of property types including multi-family residential, office, retail, hotel, warehouse, industrial, mixed-use, infrastructure, and special-use properties;
• Specific responsibilities include market information research and market studies, real estate documents analysis (including site/building plans, leases, appraisals, and mortgage underwriting/lending documents), and report writing;
• Participate in sales/marketing pursuit opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
• A bachelor or master degree in real estate, engineering (ETH/EPFL), architecture, economics, or an MBA;
• 4-8 years of relevant working experience, of which a minimum of 3 years in the field of RE valuations;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English are essential. French highly advantageous. Additional languages a plus;
• Profound knowledge of the Swiss Real Estate market and good networking with the large Swiss real estate owners, as example institutional investors, banks and insurance companies as well as pension funds;
• Experience in creating complex financial models (cash flow/property/portfolio modelling) such as discounted cash flows (DCF), net present value (NPV), real estate cap rates, and experience with real estate legislation and fiscal issues;
• Experience in real estate valuation, acquisition due diligence, asset management, finance, or market research;
• Capability to work across different areas such as our M&A and Transaction Support for example;
• You should be an innovative, dynamic and outgoing person. Memberships to professional associations like RICS etc. would be a big advantage;
• Strong Excel and Power-Point skills. Experience with real estate databases, financial modelling preferred.
What we offer
EY Switzerland offers you to work in a diverse and inclusive environment with around 3,000 employees from 64 different countries. You will collaborate with the best, learn from the best and continually grow, as we invest a significant portion of our annual turnover in the personal development and training of our employees.
Click here to find out more about our benefits and corporate social responsibility.
Have we sparked your interest? We look forward to receiving your complete application with CV, cover letter, certificates.
For more information, please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.