At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for: PURPOSE :
Using discretion and judgment, this position works with the department head in developing, implementing, communicating and monitoring Swiss sales strategy. Role works closely with the rest of the sales team to carry out MFS' expansion in Switzerland. Effectively markets the firm's investment management services in the assigned region, including the management of specific consultant relations efforts.
The role is to be based in Switzerland. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Works with Senior Managing Director - EMEA to develop and implement sales strategies, which align with MFS company strategy. Monitors industry trends, advises on company product development and develops a long-term strategy for marketing MFS' investment management to institutions to achieve sales goals.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals as agreed with Senior Managing Director EMEA by finding opportunities from the prospect universe that align with MFS capabilities and values.
- Builds and maintains a portfolio of opportunities in MFS fixed income, equity and other investment strategies from Swiss institutions. Arranges and hosts relevant and appropriate travel in support of these goals.
- Works with other MFS departments to ensure successful closing of opportunities and timely and efficient on-boarding of new clients. In particular, works closely with relationship management and client service team.
- In conjunction with Senior Managing Director - EMEA establishes long-term brand building initiatives that help anchor the name awareness of MFS in its core distribution channels in Switzerland. Participates in industry forums and in targeted press events as required. Collaborate with the wholesale business team to establish a strong presence for the firm in Switzerland.
- Develops and implements tactical plans and approaches for achieving superior results in both the sales of institutional products/funds and the gathering of institutional assets for separate account management.
- Works closely with the Relationship Management Team to pursue cross-selling opportunities. Acts as an advocate for MFS with each client and help lead and support efforts to retain, grow, and diversify relationships.
- Supports Relationship Managers where necessary including but not limited to scheduling, hosting, and all aspects of preparation for client meetings, creating custom client presentations where needed, transitions, and all client related issues. Acts as a primary or secondary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS. Maintains and expands knowledge of client's needs, concerns and overall satisfaction with MFS through written, verbal, and in person meetings.
- Maintains prospect data and information, inputs and updates opportunities using MFS c360 database with all relevant information.
- Works closely with the global consultant team to market MFS' institutional products through consultants to appropriate institutional investors. Builds and coordinates strategy for consultant coverage both at the research and field level in Switzerland.
- Partners with the MFS product, institutional portfolio managers, portfolio managers, associate portfolio managers and research analysts when delivering presentations to prospects and clients. Works closely with the investment team to help effectively communicate the MFS story, investment strategies, and investment views of the firm. Possesses and maintains strong technical understanding of all MFS' strategies.
- Interacts as a complete team player with other MFS departments including investment, marketing, legal, accounting, compliance, transition management, etc. to ensure that client needs are being met at all levels.
- Maintain a high level of product expertise for both MFS and non-MFS products. Stay current on industry news, including industry publications, conferences, and seminars. Understanding of legal and regulatory issues and how to manage/articulate these to clients.
- Contributes to the management of the business by participating in projects, committees, and informal groups. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested. Assumes additional duties as requested.
- Extensive experience of Business Development of Investment Management & financial and investment services from institutions based in Switzerland.
- Collaborative team player with an evident track record of successful collaboration with both colleagues and Clients.
- Outstanding customer service and Relationship Management record in providing Thought Leadership, Client Engagement and other services and benefits to top tier institutions based in Switzerland relating to products/services for both fund and segregated accounts across a range of asset classes.
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA / postgraduate preferred.
- Experience of client relationship management within a direct client-facing capacity, sole responsibility for institutional client account management
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- A passion for the investment management business with demonstrable knowledge of investment markets and investment management services and thorough understanding of equity and fixed income instruments and investment strategies.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills and written communication skills required.
- Creative thinker who has the ability to operate autonomously while working in broad team dynamics.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Organized and detail-orientated, ability to multi-task and assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to use and familiarity with CRM systems (c360) and able to maintain accurate and up to date records of activities and contacts on the MFS client management systems and technology.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
At MFS, we view our employees as family - and like you, we want our family happy and healthy. That's why we provide competitive benefits programs and family-friendly policies which support the work-life balance needs of our employees.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.