At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shape our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
For this job you'll be working in Vontobel-SFA's Trading team in Zurich. We provide high and low touch order-handling with all trade routes at our disposal (voice to algo) and own the lifecycle from pre- to post- trade analysis.
We trade Equities, Bonds (Corp and Govt), FX, Structured Products, Precious Metals, ETFs, Mutual Funds, and this list is continually expanding.
As the interface to \"the street\", we are also responsible for staying on top of price action as well as providing timely commentary on market news and macro events.
We're a social group that enjoy drinking coffee and debating which TV series is better than another.
Do you have a passion for financial markets and trading? Are you good at identifying inefficiencies (whether in pricing, execution, or processes) and are you driven to exploit and/or solve them?
We're hiring on our trading desk at Vontobel-SFA and have an open position to fill which would be ideally suited to an applicant with 3-7 years' experience in a similar role.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in and enthusiasm for:
- Providing timely and effective execution of orders across a variety of asset classes
- Maximizing efficiencies in operational procedures
- Conducting pre- and post- trade analysis
- Offering continuous and accurate market insight
- Working on ad-hoc and long-term projects with colleagues across the firm
- Coding (language of choice is Python)
- Approx. 3-7 years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership of situations/tasks/processes
- Knowledge of and transaction experience with a wide array of assets and associated regulations
- Programming fluency (Python preferred) and solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Confidence in analyzing large amounts of data and automating manual processes
- Intellectually curious and driven to understand things from first principles
- A strong team player
- Focused and accurate under pressure
- A great communicator, able to build strong internal and external relationships
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language)
Please apply in English only. Your CV should be no more than 2 pages in length. Please also include an additional 1-page letter outlining your motivation for applying and your experience with the points mentioned in this ad (feel free to highlight any hobby projects or public github contributions!). If you're a demonstrably solid programmer with some financial experience, but less trading experience, we will also consider your application (full training will, of course, be provided).
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .