Operational Risk Specialist
Are you keen to join a team driving change and re-shaping the way we look at Operational Risk? Are you curious to understand how Operational Risk is actually identified and controlled in the workplace?
As a member of the Second Line of Defence Operational Risk team, you will have the opportunity to see how this most difficult-to-define of risk types plays out in a global financial services firm. Furthermore, you will be asked to assist in measuring these risks, challenging how they are managed and mitigated as well as reporting and summarising them to the Group's Senior Managers. You will be exposed to the critical activities of the team in a structured fashion and become conversant with regulatory expectation, best practice and Group approach in the Operational Risk space.
We need your energy, your instinct to question and challenge, your commitment to identifiying areas for improvement and efficiency as well as your diligence and superlative attention to detail.
- Learn to navigate the complexities of Operational Risk as a member of a small but highly-regarded team based in Zurich and Munich;
- Own the collation of sensitive and complicated reporting which is a critical decision-making tool for the Group's leaders; in so doing, you will assist in driving consistency of standard;
- Identify trends and developments in internal indicators that require further analysis;
- Continually re-think how we approach our day-to-day activity (error handing, risk assessment, reporting, policy review etc) identifying areas for improvement, automation and innovation;
- Interact with multiple Stakeholders to help embed Operational Risk best practices and ensure understanding of tools and methodologies;
- Support the team in ad hoc activity such as deep dive reviews and projects, some with Group-wide impact.
- 2-3 years of Financial services experience, ideally in a Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit or Control role;
- A commitment to excellence with a strong eye for detail;
- A genuine interest and zest for governance, business operations and managing risk;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to tailor your style to the audience;
- Fluent German both orally and in writing; strong professional working knowledge of English.
- Energetic with a drive to deliver change and question the status quo;
- Flexible and able to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Creative in finding solutions, structured in the implementation;
- Able to 'own' your assignments and work with minimal supervision;
- Self-aware, committed to your own development and able to both give and receive feedback.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .