Portfolio Analytics & Reporting Vice President
- Competitive + Bonus
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- StepStone Group
- 14 Mär 19
The SPAR Vice President will provide portfolio analytics and reporting services for the Firm’s private market / alternative investment clients and related portfolios. The Vice President will work closely with the Department’s senior leadership as well as other departments (e.g. Accounting, research, IR, Business Development) where necessary to provide support to the Firm’s global investment activities. As a senior stakeholder of the Department, the SPAR Vice President is expected to provide a combination of client management, team development, and strategic leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Client Management
- Senior Department resource for client relationship management.
- Serve as client lead, overseeing all aspects of the client monitoring and reporting cycle.
- Final review and sign-off for core client deliverables.
- Ensure key deadlines are established, continuously strived for, and met on time.
- Manage, anticipate, and communicate needs for relevant client deliverables.
- Lead and effectively delegate resources to ad hoc client projects, where necessary.
- Ensure succession plans and institutional memory are in place as needed to ensure uninterrupted client service (client lead backups, documentation of unique processes/procedures, etc.).
2. Team Development
- Responsible for day-to-day leadership of assigned team Vertical (i.e. Direct Reports). Provide management of intra-Vertical client and project responsibilities, as well as coordination and collaboration with other Vertical leaders on shared Direct Report resources, where applicable.
- Work with Direct Reports, including Associates and other client leads, to help manage day-today operations of the Vertical.
- Actively develop, engage and mentor Direct Reports by offering challenging work, guidance, and increasing scope of responsibilities based on merit.
- Provide explanation and reinforcement of Department-wide communications, initiatives, and training objectives to Direct Reports.
- Encourage and promote skill development of Vertical team, objectively identifying strengths and weaknesses of individual Direct Reports and improving the effective operations of the team as a whole.
- Serve as primary coordinator and key contributor to annual performance evaluations for Direct Reports. Evaluations will require solicitation of feedback from relevant Department teammates outside the Vertical and will be formally presented to Direct Reports in conjunction with SPAR senior leadership.
- Actively mentor and develop junior members of the Department (outside of their Direct Reports) and participate in team-building with the broader Department.
- As a senior stakeholder of the Department, the Vice President is held to the highest standard of respectful communication, which is instrumental in setting the tone for the rest of the Department team.
- Ability to drive positive change and contribute multi-faceted leadership to the Department through utilization of unique knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Offer ideas for improving overall operations, efficiency, and value-added services for the Department.
- Based on depth of experience, possesses (or is expected to possess) resident/domain expertise on subject matters of importance to the Department and broader Firm.
- Work with senior management to implement Department-wide strategic initiatives within the Vertical and amongst Direct Reports.
- Perform other duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Possesses a four-year college degree (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business preferred)
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and demonstrated ability to learn new performance and portfolio reporting systems
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to lead projects and/or teams
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage priorities against key deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with StepStone portfolio accounting/reporting systems
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability
- Problem solving skills and ability to oversee execution of accurate and high-quality finished products
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in global financial markets