Portfolio Manager – Institutional Solutions Manager
The Emerging Market Debt team invests across the full range of strategies - Sovereign, Local Rates, FX, and Credit. The team's investment style is based on strong proprietary research and driven by high conviction investment decisions. The investment team members generate directional as well as relative values strategies and work closely with the global macro and global credit team.
Due to the Emerging Market Debt franchise's strong and consistent growth we are looking to reinforce the investment team by adding a Portfolio Manager with experience in customizing strategies
This high profile position reports to the Head of Emerging Market Debt helping to further develop the franchise. The candidate will also implement active views, contribute to portfolio construction and replicate the strategy across the Emerging Market Debt book of business. The candidate will travel a lot and work in close collaboration with the sales team, in particular with German sales team, The candidate is based in Zürich but will likely work a few days per week from other locations, predominantly Frankfurt.
Your opportunity Responsibilities:
- Active player and idea generator in the EMD investment committee.
- Portfolio manager of segregated accounts
- Designing optimal solutions for institutional clients i.e. translating client's wishes in customized mandates
- Translating and implementing source strategies towards clients' needs.
- Supporting Portfolio Manager within the Global Emerging Market External Debt strategies.
- Work closely with the different Fixed Income teams.
- Visit clients and prospects to present the views and the strategy.
- Supporting road shows.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the risk management approach to ensure appropriate sizing of exposures.
- Experience in working with sales, client portfolio managers and investment consultants in generating new asset inflows.
- Experience and knowledge with ESG a strong plus..
- Ability to articulate investment process, strategy and framework to institutional clients.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player in a multicultural environment.
- Language: German, English. (Italian, Spanish or French a plus).
Thank you for the time to consider Vontobel. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will carefully assess your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .