Scala Software Engineer 80-100%
- Zürich, Schweiz
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 23 Mär 19
As a Scala Software Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Full-stack software engineering repsonsibilities
- One key custom analytics platform for which you will provide DevOps support is Zurich's Risk Modeling Platform (RMP), where the DSAA provides a set of bespoke platform micro-services to a number of complex risk models and applications, including solvency and risk based capital models.
- In addition to Scala DevOps support, employ a variety of languages & tools to combine systems together, ensuring that the architecture & systems will support the needs of Business.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Scala Software Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University level education, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Discipline
- At least 3 years relevant experience as a Software Engineer in an advanced analytics / application development environment.
- At least 2 years relevant programming experience with Scala, Akka & Play framework.
- Experience with Data Management ( meta-data, quality, efficiency)
- Experience with Agile & DevOps practices
- Desirable: Experience with private / public cloud set-up & services.
- Advanced knowledge & high degree of competence with a range of programming languages / technologies combined with a desire and aptitude to broaden that experience:
- Highly Desirable: Spark, Python, R, C#, NoSQL DBs
- Desirable: Container systems (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Desirable: DevOps / CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Atlassian suite, Ansible)
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization, under time pressure and to manage ambiguity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.