Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international metal trading house looking to hire a Non-Ferrous Scrap Trader to join the team in Switzerland.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for developing the nonferrous metal scrap trading book for Europe and any additional overseas business contributions that can add extra value (mostly focusing on aluminium scrap but including copper, nickel, tin, zinc, lead etc.)
- Identify and exploit market trends / opportunities along with excellent research analysis to enhance commercial success of overall trading volumes
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships through communication, contract negotiations, visits, handling enquiries etc., taking charge of both procurement and sales responsibilities
- Ensure hedging / risk mitigation strategies are efficient and improve whole trade lifecycle of nonferrous scrap material
- Reports into the Head of Trading
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience trading, purchasing or selling nonferrous scrap metal products (aluminium, copper, nickel, zinc, lead, tin etc.) ideally within a reputable trading or manufacturing company
- An established network of clients and strong relationships with relevant scrap customers / suppliers across Europe
- Strong knowledge of risk/hedging and other trade/finance techniques
- Must be fluent in English, German or other language a benefit
- Located in Zurich or happy to relocate
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Legal, Risk & Compliance Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.