Senior Banking and Finance Lawyer
Our client, a leading law firm based in Geneva, enjoys a reputation of excellence in the market and among its clients in the fields of M&A/corporate transactions, corporate/commercial law, tax, banking and finance as well as international commercial arbitration/litigation. Our client is searching for a: A Senior Banking and Finance Lawyer Responsibilities:
• Banking and Finance:
- You will assist and advise Swiss and international financial institutions, such as banks, investment funds, asset managers, and securities dealers/brokers in relation to financial regulations.
- You will represent clients before FINMA and other regulatory bodies.
- You will assist our clients in setting up their organization and their compliance and risk management departments.
- You will act for arrangers, underwriters, lenders, borrowers and sponsors in domestic and multijurisdictional financing transactions (including acquisition, leveraged and syndicated financings).
- You will be involved in the development of our banking and finance group.
- You will advise banks and other financial institutions in connection with M&A and corporate transactions (such as acquisitions, investments and restructurings).
• You are a Swiss qualified lawyer ( avocat/Rechtsanwalt ) with strong academic credentials.
• You work in English and French or in English and German.
• You have at least three to five years of experience in banking and finance in a top-tier law firm, a Big 4 or an international bank.
• You are willing to handle matters both autonomously and in a team environment.
• You are eager to pursue client acquisition and development to help grow our banking and finance group. WE OFFER
• The opportunity to work on very diverse, high-profile, international and challenging assignments.
• Direct contacts with sophisticated clients, including their CEOs, CFOs and GCs, in numerous industries.
• A motivating team environment within a small team.
• Opportunities for development and promotion, including access to partnership.
• Flexible hours and home office (1 to 2 days a week).