At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions. We invest in people who create opportunities to deliver the client experience of tomorrow.
The focus of the role is on advice and daily operational execution of sanctions compliance measures in close cooperation with the global expert, Compliance officers and Business to ensure consistency and quality standards in accordance with the Group Sanctions Policy.
Your opportunity 1. Provide compliance advice on sanctions related matters and support business areas in implementing risk mitigating measures
2. Coordinate sanctions related support including the following:
- Provide advice for Business (WM, AM) and Compliance officers on Group Sanctions Policy, including payments, securities transactions and other relevant operations
- Assess client due diligence and review business relationships, in conjunction with Business and Compliance officers
- Implement and execute processes and procedures to ensure effective handling of daily operational tasks
- Communicate with relevant Swiss authorities (e.g. SECO), including reporting
- Support sanctions screening procedures
- Execute and implement controls
- Act as operational support to the Senior Sanctions Specialist
You bring/ You are
- University degree in law, economics, political science, or equivalent
- Several years of practical experience in compliance, international banking, international law firm or similar environment
- Robust knowledge of sanctions, anti-terrorism laws and AML standards
- In-depth knowledge of risk-management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of financial products and familiarity with payment systems
- Interest in complex, international legal, regulatory and reputational issues
- Ability to efficiently cooperate with and manage internal and external clients
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to work goal--oriented
- Fluent in English
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible and team-oriented personality
- Straight character and ability to assert oneself
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Would you like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings and certifications
- Teamwork and transparency are important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .