At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We are a globally operating, customer-centric and digitally advancing bank with Swiss roots. Our team is striving to develop the leading structured products platform in Europe.
Are you ready to become part of this amazing journey while at the same time building up your own skill set both on a technical as well as on a personal level? Do you enjoy keeping your fingers on the pulse of technology? Join our international team and take an active role in shaping the future of our platform.
Who are we:
We are a Scrum Team with mix of internal and external members comprising of Developers, an Agile Coach, Designer, Team Lead and Product Owner. The team is distributed around Europe. We try to get together once a quarter in Zurich where we can connect face to face. We believe Software Development is a team sport and therefore quality is a team responsibility. Every member is involved in ensuring the effective running of our website and team. Therefore, many team activities are shared and rotated across the team.
What we are looking:
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer with experience working in agile. This Developer likes to get their hands dirty in all areas of Software Development. Must be willing to learn from others while similarly sharing their knowledge with the rest of the team. Must have a passion for Software Development. Loves Frontend and is not afraid to venture into the Backend and DevOps roles. The ideal candidate brings:
What you need to succeed:
- Direct contribution to the code base by designing, implementing, and testing software
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Close collaboration with technical (frontend, backend, infrastructure) and non-technical (product, design) roles in an agile environment and to understand end user requirements and ultimately translate these into effective high quality technical solutions
- Monitoring and taking on support tasks (2nd and 3rd level)
- Deploying to our various environments including Production
- Helping to facilitate team meetings and willing to engage in a changing and flexible environment, with the ability to question the status quo
What we offer:
- 8+ years of experience working as a Software Developer (majority of that time as a Frontend Developer on Websites is preferred)
- Relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and cloud solutions (preferred Azure, AKS, Application Insights, App Gateway to name a few of the things we use)
- Fluent in English. All other languages like German are a plus
- And last but not least being passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as a professional!
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking, methods and with mutual trust
- You would like to develop your skills? We are happy to support you with further trainings/ certifications
- Teamwork is important to us: We exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other at all times - One Vontobel
- Our working culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange in an open space office
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .