At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We are a globally operating, customer-centric and digitally advancing bank with Swiss roots. Our team is striving to develop the leading structured products platform in Europe.
Are you ready to become part of this amazing journey while at the same time building up your own skill set both on a technical as well as on a personal level? Do you enjoy keeping your fingers on the pulse of technology? Join our international team and take an active role in shaping the future of our platform.
We are looking for a Senior Developer / Engineer with experience working in Azure (AKS, Events Hub / Kafka, Front Door, App Gateway, to name a few). This Developer likes to get their hands dirty in all areas of Software Development and has an openness towards being Full Stack. Must be willing to learn from others while similarly sharing their knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Direct contribution to codebase by designing, implementing, and testing software solutions
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Close collaboration with technical (frontend, backend, infrastructure) and non-technical (product, design) roles in an agile environment and to understand end user requirements and ultimately translate these into effective technical solutions
- Taking on support tasks (2nd and 3rd level)
What you need to succeed
- Relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Appreciation towards software craftsmanship, clean code, and solid design principles
- Solid software development skills in C# / Typescript / React
- Knowledge of cloud solutions (preferred Azure, AKS, Application Insights, Event Hubs, App Gateway to name a few of the things we use)
- Good understanding of web environment (HTTP request/response, state management, caching)
- Experience with modern application lifecycle management tools (Git, Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code)
- Preferred: ASP.NET Core, ElasticSearch, queueing solutions, NextJS
- Big Plus but not necessary: Basic knowledge of structured products
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value
- Willing to engage in a changing and flexible environment, with the ability to question the status quo
- You are passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Fluent in English. All other languages like German are a plus
- Competitive compensation package (salary, benefits)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping an already successful bank in its growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 25+ days of paid holidays. Additional unpaid vacation days are also possible.
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why we will support your education and training
- We want happy and healthy employees. On top of your salary we offer free lunch in our restaurant at the office and free drinks (coffee, water, tea and fresh fruits) in the office.
- Sport clubs: Mountains & ski, soccer, golf, tennis, table tennis, ...
- Corporate benefits: Personnel account with preferential conditions, a free of charge custody account and a range of employee discounts for different insurances
- Parental benefits: Child and family allowances
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .