Are you the right person to implement scalable and performant backend applications in the Technology & Services division for Vontobel Asset Management? Do you enjoy keeping your fingers on the pulse of technology?
Within our Asset Management Data Science and Engineering team in the Technology & Services division we are looking for a Software Engineer who enjoys building data-driven applications, sharing new ideas and is keen on driving continuous improvement at all times.
Vontobel is a future-oriented financial institution. Investment opportunities that drive our clients forward, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions are our assets.
- Designing, implementing, and testing innovative data-driven systems.
- Ensuring robustness and performance of our applications.
- Driving change and positive impact by bringing your vision to life.
- Collaborating closely with other teams and business units in an agile environment.
- Deep understanding of microservice architectures (Kubernetes, Openshift).
- Knowledge and experience in ensuring high performance of the services, real-time data processing experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of .NET and/or Java technology stack, data processing and analytics tools (frameworks, tooling; F#, Scala, Python, SQL, system programming languages).
- Strong API design and service integration skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing event-based and message-driven distributed systems.
- Ability to build scalable solutions and focus on correctness, data quality and observability.
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools (Git, Visual Studio/Intellij, code reviews, CI/CD).
- Proven track record of managing projects and initiatives and building successful products.
- Prior experience in financial industry, preferably Asset Management, deep domain knowledge and good understanding of financial products and data.
- Very keen on new technologies and flexible in your choice of tools.
- Driven by impact. You are eager to take ownership and create value.
- Good communicator and strong team player who enjoys sharing ideas.
- Fluent in English.
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .