Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer Location: Zürich, Switzerland Level: Manager, Senior Manager Experience level: 13-18 years experience Type: permanent position Languages: German and English
Keywords: DevOps, Site reliability, Site resilience, Performance engineering, Performance tuning, CICD Responsibilities:
Required skills and experience:
- Performance Monitoring and Analysis of database services, application services and integration components. Identify bottlenecks and suggest recommendations.
- Proficient in analysis of explain plans and other database performance metrics.
- Co-ordinate with Development teams to implement the recommendations.
- Good understanding of the end to end architecture for any given application, derive SLIs, SLOs for its various services. Understanding Reliability and Resilience characteristics of an application.
- 13-18 years relevant professional experience
Good to have skills:
- Strong performance-tuning skills - SQL tuning, Understand the BATCH jobs, OLTP transactions and provide recommendations to improve performance
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools for enterprise applications AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Newrelic.
- Knowledge on at least one scripting languages for example: python, golang
- Public Cloud relevant experience with practical implementation on Azure
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes deployments, container isolation and multi-tenancy
- Good knowledge of container technologies e.g. Docker
- Good knowledge of git
- Test driven development: understands semantics of unit tests and end to end integration tests and the imperative for continuous testing
- Worked with CI/CD for integration, migration and deployment: Experience in automated build, test & deploy
- Excellent communication in English and German, written and spoken
- Delegation and (self-)management skills for working in a flat and distributed team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience in client interfacing
- Project experience with cloud-based technologies
- Project experience with Big query database and data warehousing applications
To apply please send your CV to Noemi.Fenyvesi@cognizant.com