As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop state-of-the-art logging and monitoring platforms. Their purpose is to collect application behavior information, detect / limit service disruption and provide the associated reporting capabilities, in order to help application and platform owners identify any growing risks, have a clear understanding of their SLAs, reduce the meantime to resolution and be ahead of the curve with regards to long term trends.
- Developing and operating state-of-the-art logging, monitoring & event management platforms to help application and platform owners to better understand their workloads running in multi-cloud platforms
- Providing consultancy service in logging & monitoring to application, product and service owners as well as developers.
- Part of a squad of very dynamic, highly motivated and diverse engineers.
- Working closely with developers and application owner to improve our cloud infrastructure and application stability and resilience.
- 5+ years' software development, continuous integration/deployment and system
engineering experience in cloud-native ecosystems.
- Experience with a container orchestration system (e.g. Kubernetes) with solid security and
- Experience in a modern language e.g. Golang, Java and in scripting languages (Shell,
- Experience in open-source application and infrastructure monitoring tools e.g. Elastic stack
(ELK), Influx stack (TICK), Prometheus and Grafana.
- Experience with Azure cloud and multiple Azure services, including but not limited to AKS,
Azure Monitor, App-Insights, Application Services.
- Passion for sharing knowledge and creating technical documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to focus on details without
losing track of the bigger picture.
- Excellent oral and written English skills, additional language skills are a plus.
Employee Value Proposition:
This is the opportunity to join one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. Our client's mission is to anticipate and manage a various risks, such as natural catastrophes, climate change or even cybercrime. The combination of experience and their creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise helps create new opportunities and solutions for their clients. This is only possible due to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world. Take the chance to work in a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive.
Job Title: Site Reliability For Logging And Monitoring
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 700.00 - 740.00 CHF Daily
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.