Splunk Engineer / Ingenieur
On behalf of our client, a Swiss bank, Swisslinx are looking for a Splunk Engineer for the Security Critical Data team. You would be responsible for the Splunk platform and on-boarding of new applications.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Build and test solutions in a pre-production environment
• Document test results, designs, and operational manuals for the solutions
• Provide support of Production operations
• Occasional on-duty or after business hours work in case of incident support
• Perform code upgrades without supervision.
• Identify and document best practices within their subject matter areas of expertise
• Provide continuous process improvement suggestions.
• Create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering and user experience.
• Proven professional experience with big data platforms (including at least 2 years in Splunk, and ideally Cloudera, Confluent), SIEM, log management, data warehouse
• Hands-on experience administrating and troubleshooting such an environment
• Proficient in analyzing and interpreting log sources (Web proxies, Firewalls, Windows, Linux, Sysmon, EDR...)
• Comfortable with Linux administration, Bash scripts, packaging (RPM), troubleshooting
• Experience with at least one programming language (Python or Java preferred)
• Hands-on experience with big data messaging and streaming applications and frameworks (Kafka, Nifi, Flink, Spark)
• Hands-on experience administrating and troubleshooting distributed environments / clusters
• Proficient in writing and using REST and SOAP APIs
If you are an experienced Splunk Engineer and would like to work in an agile and fast paced environment, please apply below! We look forward to receiving your application!
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA