System & DevOps Engineer / Ingenieur
On behalf of our client, a prestigious Swiss bank based in Zurich, we are looking for a System & DevOps Engineer for a contract position, who will be in charge of Time-Series Database operation.
- As Systems Engineer, you will be in charge of the operation and maintenance of our high-performance Time-Series Database.
- Establish and ensure reliable flow and integration of data from internally and externally sourced data.
- Maintain interfaces for the incoming and outgoing data to and from the database.
- Ensure reliable availability, integrity, and quality of data through automation.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional engineering teams to identify and address data gaps or inconsistencies
- Build and maintain monitoring tools to guarantee system health.
- Handle deployments in all environments.
- Manage CI/CD tools.
- 3+ years in Devops: Creating rpm packages, understanding deployments by satellite servers, Shell scripting, System managed services
- 3+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- 1+ years working experience as a Systems Engineer in Financial Industry.
- Good scripting skills.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Business English
Nice to Haves:
- Strong skills in OneTick Database or other time-series databases.
- Knowledge of Erlang, Apache Thrift, gRPC, RHCSA
- Experience with kafka, TIBCO FTL or another messaging service (mq-series, active-mq, mosquitto)
- Elasticsearch: Queries by DSL and Data Discovery UI, Managing Index-Lifecycle Policies o Creating Documents by curl ,Customizing Metricbeat
- Jenkins or other CI Tools
- Octopus or other CD Tools
- Python scripting
- Willing to learn new Scripting languages (Onetick Queries, DSL, Jenkins declarative pipelines, etc) - Understanding and experience of "Infrastructure as Code" and Git as the only source of truth
Can you see yourself in this position? Then we are eager to meet you!
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA