At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue investment opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead. As a global financial services provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and tailor-made investment solutions.
For our legal entity Vontobel Swiss Financial Advisers (Vontobel SFA), a US licensed Registered Investment Adviser (RIA), we are looking for a person to help us ascertain and maintain excellent compliance in regulatory tax, covering FATCA, QI and the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEI). In your role as a US Tax Specialist, you will closely work together with the subject matter experts, Client Relationship Managers, and the head of Group Tax.
- Provide advice to internal clients in relation to the FATCA, QI and AEI regimes responding to every day operational questions, mainly in relation to documentation requirements.
- Perform recurring verification processes along the predefined compliance requirements and control framework and actively monitor US Tax regulations
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory as well as transactional tax reporting obligations (1099,1042, FATCA, FTT)
- Instruction, support and supervision of processing worklists and assistance with responses to queries.
- Assist in the continuous improvement and further development of the processes.
- Support of internal and external audits.
- Design and support training material to explain new developments and their impact.
- Support the project to migrate on to a new tax reporting tool
- Act as subject matter expert for US Tax for US domiciled clients
- Manage the Tax Reclaim process with internal and external stakeholders
- At least three to five years of practical working experience in the topics FATCA, QI and AEI either in the financial services industry or a consulting/audit company
- Operational experience in fulfilling Tax reporting obligations
- Understanding of the banking business
- Very good written and spoken German and English
- Degree in Law or Economics or commercial education
- A team player with a positive attitude, reliable time management and willingness to continuously learn
- Result oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Someone with strong endurance as regulatory Tax is a complex universe
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Teamwork is important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .