Application Support Engineer - Switzerland - (Hybrid Working - Permanent Basis)
My client based in Zug city centre, are the world’s leading financial servicing provider in their field.
For over 30 years, they have successfully delivered solutions to leading banks, non-bank investors, and large suppliers worldwide.
To support their product development and business operations team, they are looking for an Application Support Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a small team of Application Support Engineers focused on maintaining the quality of the applications offered and working closely with the Business Operations team and external parties on all technical related matters.
- Provide technical and business support for internal and external users of their applications.
- This includes providing quick resolutions for application issues and leading technical discussions with clients and projects.
- Closely working with Business Analysts, Infrastructure team, and Developers to investigate and resolve reported issues.
- Participate in application releases - from gathering requirements, requirement analysis, performing UAT testing, to assisting in deployments to production.
- Post deployment checks and continuous monitoring of all applications. Troubleshoot application errors and suggest appropriate resolution.
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and communicate the same with business and technology teams in a timely manner.
- Ensure that database performance, storage, data scrambling procedures, data archiving procedures are in place and functioning correctly.
- Create and maintain SSRS reports.
- Administer Jira and confluence.
- Documenting system architecture, tools, and other technical support documentation.
- Act as a liaison between application users, internal technical teams, and infrastructure departments.
- Act as SME to stakeholders and/or other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience in Unix scripting language
- Knowledge / experience in Java programming language
- Experience in root-cause analysis, report generation and documentation tools
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear oral and written communication skills in English
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in providing technical support
Their ideal person
- Knowledge / experience in B2B EDI integration
- Knowledge / experience in release management
- Self-driven and with the right sense of urgency
- Willing to go the extra mile in supporting end-users
- Can-do and positive attitude with a strong ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Great communicator with a collaborative mindset
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a vast team
- Hybrid Working Model
- Great team spirit and work environment
- Flat organization structure with cross-functional roles and short decision-making processes
- Continuous professional development and progression
- Global client base, multicultural & dynamic team
- High standard and modern working environment with centrally located office in Zug, close to the train station (20 mins from Zurich)
Only Swiss or EU passport holders or holders of a valid Swiss working permit will be considered.