As a Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist, you will provide first level response within Interactive Brokers (IB) on any information technology related issues regarding the Microsoft Windows platform. You will assist business and development end-users over the phone, by email and through a centralized ticketing system to resolve or escalate any IT issues.
As a Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist, you will provide first level response within Interactive Brokers (IB) on any information technology related issues regarding the Microsoft Windows platform. You will assist business and development end-users over the phone, by email and through a centralized ticketing system to resolve or escalate any IT issues. This position requires good technical knowledge and polished communications skills. The key competencies include intermediate knowledge of Windows and networking technologies with a strong motivation to advance your skills. You need to have patience with those who are less technically savvy, and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment with a high sense of urgency. Additional requirements for this role are dependability and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting end-users and following technical issues through to resolution.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance and support for reported issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware on a timely basis to meet department SLAs
- Use all means possible to assist users including by phone, via email, in-person, or using remote support tools.
- Resolve issues related to desktops, laptops, virtual machines, smartphones, scanners, printers, and other peripherals used by employees
- Install operating systems, applications, hardware drivers, and customize system settings following department standards
- Analyse problems using troubleshooting skills and diagnostic tools to locate root cause of the problem and provide a permanent solution to the issue to prevent reoccurrence
- Documents issue resolution to department knowledge base to reference in future incidents and contributes to the creation of self-help articles for employee access
- Provide timely updates of all activity for assigned incidents including user contact attempts, and issue resolution details within incident management system; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- Participates in department or firmwide projects as instructed by IT Department management
- Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs and team meetings
- Interfaces with employees, supervisors, directors, and C-level executives employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner
- Maintains excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Participates in schedule as assigned to provide coverage
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
- A+, Network+, Microsoft, VMWare certifications preferred, but not required
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Possess strong abilities in organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Expected to be a team player who shares knowledge for collective growth
- Able to communicate technical terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and customer service skills
- Pays close attention to detail, displays flexibility, works independently and a demonstrated self-direction/self-starter
- Display resourcefulness when solutions are not evident and takes initiative to address problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
Technical Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack, and Wi-Fi
- Working knowledge of DNS, and DHCP
- Working knowledge of supporting pc’s in a domain environment
- Working knowledge of Office 365 cloud application suite
- Working knowledge of desktop imaging, application deployment, and hard drive encryption
- Working knowledge of active directory, domains and group policies
- Windows server experience a plus
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info