Head of Specialty Fertilizer Trading
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an International Fertilizer company looking for a trader to Head up the Specialty Trading Department for their office in Zug, Switzerland. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Manage the sourcing and sales of specialty fertilizer products (SOP, T-MAP, T-DAP, CN, PN, MKP, UP, MgS, MgN, ZnS, Kieserite etc.) and build a strong network in Latin American, African and European markets
- Build on the company's existing strong regional business throughout Europe and Africa, expanding the current product portfolio where possible
- Establish long-term client relationships, advise on and identify new business opportunities (new markets, product development needs etc.) in key sourcing origins and sales destinations
- Work closely and coordinate with the logistics and finance and accounting teams
- Reports into the Director of Trading
- At least 3 years' experience international trading with specialty fertilizer products into the required destination markets, Latin America, Africa and Europe, is a must - more experience is favourable
- Experience trading SOP, T-MAP, T-DAP, CN, PN, MKP, UP, MgS, MgN, ZnS, and Kieserite is preferred, experience trading water-soluble, foliar, NPKs etc. will also be considered
- Strong Relationship Management / Business Development skills with excellent knowledge of the specialty fertilizer buyers and producers
- The ideal candidate will have experience and an established network for sourcing specialty products from China as well as a knowledge of export / logistics processes for container shipments
- Candidate must be fluent in English and Spanish (written & spoken). Additional language skills (French, Portuguese, Mandarin etc.) would be an asset
- Located in Zug, Switzerland or happy to relocate to the area - Valid Swiss permit or EU citizenship is a must
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Commodity Search ltd works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.