For our client, an actively growing player in the Commodity Trading industry, we are looking for a confident and driven individual to fill the position Metals Trader. In this position you will work to expand purchasing and sales activities through building and maintaining customer and vendor relationships. Additionally, you will also identify new markets and product opportunities. Are you familiar with Metals and Metal Concentrates and have a track record of trading in this market as well as a solid lead for buyers/sellers to show? Then this is the right position for you! Responsibilities
Skills and qualifications
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Obtain market information for business development.
- Negotiate purchase and sale terms with customers and suppliers.
- Run the trade book.
- Maintain communication with logistics and finance department to ensure all tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Monitor the long/short of positions in a geography to enhance margins in
- the trade area.
- Participate in global trading strategies, provide input and expertise to advance trading strategies.
- Seek cash price anomalities and execute regional arbitrage opportunities to maximize margins.
- +10 years of excellent track records in metals trading
- Known as an individual in the metals & concentrates market environment.
- Understanding of the LME futures market and the link between physical purchase/sales and the LME position management.
- Existing trade book record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ambitious to grow
- Ability to solve problems and ensure solutions in a timely manner.
- Team Player