Non-Ferrous Metal Concentrates Trader
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone are currently working with a market leading metals and minerals trading company in Switzerland who are looking for an experienced trader to assist in developing new and existing trade flows for non-ferrous metal concentrates.
This candidate must have experience on both the buy and sell side and must have existing and ideally transferable contacts in the region. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for trading physical non-ferrous metal concentrates (copper, lead, zinc etc.) across African destinations (South Africa, DRC, Zambia, Zimbabwe etc.)
- Focus on building relationships with both producers and end users to support increasing the company's market share in Africa and other target markets
- Stay informed of changes and trends in the non-ferrous & concentrates markets across MENA/Asia in order to identify new business opportunities and mitigate risk
- Work closely with operations and logistics
- At least 7-10 years' experience trading physical non-ferrous concentrates
- Excellent knowledge of the concentrates, minerals and base metals markets in Africa
- Strong connections on both buy and sell side in concentrates is ideal - sourcing experience is more important
- Previous experience trading in the Middle or Far East (Asia) also a big asset.
- Good understanding of derivatives contracts and risk management strategies is a plus
- Located in or willing to relocate to Zug or South Africa
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Private Banking Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.