We are seeking a patent attorney with a Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Physics or equivalent background with experience in patenting of Computer Implemented Inventions.
As a member of the Patent Team responsible for Workflow and IT solutions, you will advise our scientists on the patenting of inventions in this field. You will also provide ex-US support for Digital Pathology projects. You will secure patent protection, freedom to operate and market exclusivity during the life cycle of Roche's products in close collaboration with the members of all functions involved. Your further roles and responsibilities:
• Handling of invention reports and drafting of patent applications in close collaboration with Research & Development, reviewing of planned publications
• Responsibility for patent aspects of IT solutions and Digital Pathology, including prosecution, defense and enforcement of patent rights
• Patent portfolio management, supporting the decision making process for worldwide filings, maintenance and abandonment of patent filings
• Performing freedom to operate analyses
• Evaluate contract terms related to IP and coordinate with the Legal and Licensing departments on the drafting and negotiating of same You will bring the following skills and qualifications:
• A strong background in Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Physics or similar fields is required, preferably with PhD, and a broadly based interest in science and technology. You are a qualified or partly qualified European Patent Attorney
• You bring experience in patenting of Computer Implemented Inventions
• Experience with patenting of healthcare related Inventions would be a plus
• English language skills, knowledge of additional languages, in particular German will be an advantage
• Strong interest in patent law and interdisciplinary matters with a will to broaden horizons in this field and taking pleasure in a variety of intellectually stimulating work
• Well-developed analytical and writing skills, finely honed interpersonal skills
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle several projects simultaneously
• A well-structured, reliable and precise style of work, strong business acumen
• You are a team player
The position will be located at the Patent Department of Roche Diagnostics International Ltd. in Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
- Wer wir sind Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world's leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors' offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics' main sites. Read more .
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.