Private Equity Research Analyst for Business Services
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 850 institutional investors. We have USD 83 billion in assets under management and more than 1,200 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
In this position, you will be responsible for tracking and communicating major trends in the Business Service industry. Your insight will help form the PG house view and identify investment assets. You will be part of the deal teams to source, assess, execute, monitor and exit private equity transactions. We are looking for an individual with strong public equity experience in the Business Service space, with a keen interest to move into private equity. The Three Core Responsibilities Thematic research:
Track secular growth trends and establish a PG house view in the Business Service industry. Develop deep understanding of transformative changes in key segments. Theme driven sourcing:
Identify investable privately owned companies, and work closely with the deal team to develop investment ideas in high conviction segments. Comparable analysis and public equity trading color:
Provide relevant comparables in the deal process. Provide public equity trading color, re-rating / de-rating catalysts. Tasks and duties include
What we expect
- Conduct own research, manage and review third party industry research to create and update industry maps and comp sets.
- Establish and communicate industry house view.
- Attend industry conferences, leverage PG platform knowledge to identify investable companies.
- Work as part of the deal team to develop investment ideas.
- Provide public market trading perspectives on deals and assets, such as valuation methodology, catalysts for rating changes, and relative value through cycles.
- Undergraduate degree plus 5-8 years of public equity research experience in buy-side / sell-side.
- At least 5 years covering 10 relevant stocks in Europe.
- Ability to quickly digest and communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication, able to network internally and externally.
- A self-motivated person, able to manage effectively and complete tasks in demanding timelines and with competing priorities